2JZGTE AEM V1 tuning/ learning curve

pler2004

Oct 21, 2012
Florida
First I want to thank you two for all the info and help you have made available to the rest of the community. But I have to disagree with you on the tuners right to protect his tune. Enraged while you are perfectly correct that the AEM EMS does belong to Justin727, the KNOWLEDGE used to tune it does not. That tune is a result of the tuners time and skill (even if all he did was flash a preset tune into the EMS), and any self-respecting business man would do whatever it takes to protect that. Justin727 I wouldn't boycott that shop for the simple fact that if you did not need/what his knowledge and skill, this discussion would never have taken place. You would have tuned your car on your own, and would have no problem getting back into you EMS to make adjustments. That said I understand your frustration, but you can’t knock a guy for not letting you cheat off his test. Jusetin727 if you have since learned how to tune your EMS, more power to you buddy, that’s knowledge I wouldn't mind having. Having been a Toyota tech for the past 10 or so I would not have made it easy for you to get that info either.
Be easy gentlemen.