2jzgte + AEM + e85.....injectors and other questions

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Just a bit of my .02 cents

We have a dual Bosch setup in a 3.4 stroker that we built. Denso in the tank feeding a surge tank. We run ID 2200 cc injectors on a V1 AEM. The injectors are high imp. our logs show that we are running the injectors at 30% duty cycle and the car makes 815 WHP and 790 Ft lbs of torque on a rich E85 tune @ 25 psi. Also no need for resistor or injector driver box as they are high imp. you only need that on low imp injectors. On a V2 AEM you can get away with not running a resistor pack. Car Idles like a dream and makes good usable power. Best of all it has traction on all gears! Scary ride! Turbo is one of the first Billet wheeled Comp Turbos that we helped Comp put together for the street car market.

Fuel pump setup is -8 out of the pumps high flow Peterson manifold http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/plumb_yman.html to a -10 stainless steel tube. all lines are teflon lines with SS cover and covered with a plastic clear sleve. At the front we split the -10 to two -8 with same style teflon SS lines and feed each side of the rail with a -6 return using a sard AFPR. -6 to the surge tank and from there to the gas tank. The Peterson manifolds (Y adapters) are the expensive fittings of the fuel system. They come in at $135.00 -+ each one but are by far the best in the market. All together all the fittings and hoses, tubes and other fuel fittings came to about $2500.00 total including the pumps. The rail and injectors are extra. The car is reliable enough to make it in to a production car. The AEM has a three way switch with a key, that allows it to run three maps, 91 octane, E85 and C16. No passes on C16 yet but I bet we can break 1500 WHP on this setup.

I think all in all, The head/block combination is flowing great numbers. Response is great and we are using a 75mm Throttle body. There is no need for a 90 mm or 100 mm as the engine will never be able to out flow the Throttle body. Next step will be a VVTi head, that will be interesting! :evil2:

I hope my .02 cents count for something.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
not aiming for the sky heh

600-700 at most.

Thinking i should maybe just do meth injection...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wow, just caught this thread way late, wonder what you ended up with?

I went low imped. injector because I was told by AEM that the injectors without the resistor box are more responsive, nicer at idle etc than running saturated. The aem series 2 only has peak and hold drivers for low imped injectors as an option.

As far as the fuel rail goes I chose your option 2 and fed both ends of the rail with a return from the middle. I have a largish fuel rail and it itself probably acts as a reserve of fuel in itself.

I do believe that 850cc should be large enough for you goals and also think meth injection should be designed in from the start for more than a few reasons.

I have a 90mm q45 TB and while I may not have needed one that big it was whjat I had on hand and it fit my intake mani where the stock tb would not have. One thing about a tb this big though is it takes a little getting used to how "perky" the smallest throttle blip is. This can also be greatly minimized with a progressive "cam like" pully on the tb's axis.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i ended up going with ID1000's and love them. havent tuned the car on the street yet nor used any e85....car has been parked for a while. I've been keeping my attention on my 2 SC's but will get back to the poopra soon