2jzge

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
After searching I have not been able to find the answers to a couple of questions.

1. If I were to use a ge in a high hp build ( 1000+hp) will having no oil squiters have a big affect on detonation? If so I could not control piston dome temp with simply running it a little richer?

2. I read that the ge and gte blocks are identical it is just the the gte block is tapped for the oil squiters and turbo feed. They say that the bosses are there on the ge block it just needs to be tapped out. (oil squiter and turbo feed bosses) Is that true?

I am not ready for 1000hp but just in case I ever do I would like to know the info on some of these things,

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
First of all, you'll never see 1000rwhp. That's a bit of overkill. If you see 750rwhp then you'll have a beast. Second of all, if I was going to build something with that much horsepower, I would definately get a gte block the first time around. They're not that hard to come by and you undoubtedly have a large sack full of money to even contemplate building a motor capable of a thousand horsepower. I wouldn't even know how much to guess at something like that, but I bet it's easily seven to ten thousand dollars for just the motor........maybe more, I don't know. You can probably find a rebuildable gte block for two to three hundred dollars somewhere. Good luck.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
turbodriz;1109512 said:
After searching I have not been able to find the answers to a couple of questions.

1. If I were to use a ge in a high hp build ( 1000+hp) will having no oil squiters have a big affect on detonation? If so I could not control piston dome temp with simply running it a little richer?

2. I read that the ge and gte blocks are identical it is just the the gte block is tapped for the oil squiters and turbo feed. They say that the bosses are there on the ge block it just needs to be tapped out. (oil squiter and turbo feed bosses) Is that true?

I am not ready for 1000hp but just in case I ever do I would like to know the info on some of these things,

I agree with Jay but let's clear up these questions..

1) Supposedly many 1K HP builds have no oil squirters. I'm not sure of the reason for this. If you search around on Clubna-t.com then you'll find this information.
IMHO the oil squirters will make a negligible difference with detonation, running the right fuel / tune is key.

2)correct. If it's a bare block might as well tap it while it's out. I used the sammach plate and everythings been A-OK.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
suprahero;1110331 said:
First of all, you'll never see 1000rwhp. That's a bit of overkill. If you see 750rwhp then you'll have a beast. Second of all, if I was going to build something with that much horsepower, I would definately get a gte block the first time around. They're not that hard to come by and you undoubtedly have a large sack full of money to even contemplate building a motor capable of a thousand horsepower. I wouldn't even know how much to guess at something like that, but I bet it's easily seven to ten thousand dollars for just the motor........maybe more, I don't know. You can probably find a rebuildable gte block for two to three hundred dollars somewhere. Good luck.

if u read the thread carefully I said I was'nt looking for 1,000hp but i case I was can use this block.

2. There are alot of people with 1,000hp so why could I never be one of them.

3. Well, we will just leave it at that. This was out of curosity over some searching. I am not new to this and I don't have 1,ooohp cash. :aigo:

U dig

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
hottscennessey;1110347 said:
I agree with Jay but let's clear up these questions..

1) Supposedly many 1K HP builds have no oil squirters. I'm not sure of the reason for this. If you search around on Clubna-t.com then you'll find this information.
IMHO the oil squirters will make a negligible difference with detonation, running the right fuel / tune is key.

2)correct. If it's a bare block might as well tap it while it's out. I used the sammach plate and everythings been A-OK.

I was'nt necessary concerned about oil for the turbo. When we do Ls/vtec conversions we use the same sandwich plate. I agree they work great. My concern was more about the squiters but u pretty much summed it up. Thankyou for sticking to the topic.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
message deleted because it just isn't worth it.
Good luck with your build.

Last edited: