2JZGE-t Dyno Results & a Few Questions....

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
OK, so went to the dyno Saturday and had a great time. I was able to put down 533rwhp and 461 trq as you can see in the links below. Just a few question for anybody that wants to help.

1st. Can anybody make sense of the last pull I did and where after 6K rpms the power falls off and comes back in.

2nd. It seems like there was some smoke after I let off. Some out of the exhaust and some out of the engine bay. I'm thinking turbo oil seal or oil leak somewhere. Anybody have any advice on this too?

All in all I'm very happy with the results, and am super pleased with the way this setup has held up. And it's a blast to drive.

p1611390_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgjg8bM3BLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIQnhhY36w

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks!! Yeah, I took the supra out last night and dropped the clutch in 2nd......and it slipped. :( I also shifted into third and felt a really nasty vibration from the clutch while it was slipping. I guess when pucked clutches slip this happens. So I'm pretty sure it was slipping on the dyno. I guess I'm going to get the clutch pads replaced and have the flywheel resurfaced and see if that holds. It's the action 6 puck with upgraded pressure plate. And I'm thinking that the machine shop didn't machine the step up on the flywheel to spec.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
It's the action 6 puck clutch with the action upgraded pressure plate. I just talked to Aaron at driftmotion and he said that I'm beyond the limits of the pressure plate. He's going to have me get new pads on the disk and use it with an ACT extreme pp.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Damn its slipping at 460 lbs of torque. I know most of the clutch kits are rated in how much torque it can handle. But oh well good luck with that Act extreme pressure plate, now they are rated at 630 +lbs of torque.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Yeah, I figured i could get it to hold a little more power then what it did. Oh, well. I hear realy good things about ACT extreme, so I should be happy with it.