2jzge swap running rich can't retreive codes

57p00rbob

Apr 4, 2012
Sacramento calif.
I put a 2jzge from a lexus 97300sc into my 86.5 supra. I got it running but its way rich, like eye burning rich. I can't get the codes out to diagnose. I wired in an obd2 port, but it won't interface with mt snapon scaner. I'm at a loss, please help. Thanks in advance.

57p00rbob

Apr 4, 2012
Sacramento calif.
Yes i have driven it. It runs very strong way better than the 7m even tough its rich. All I have for mods is a cat delete and a cold air intake. I dont have the post cat o2 sensor.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
If you're using the 2JZ ECU, you can find the E1 and Te1 signals and temporarily connect ("T" ) them. Basically it's the Te1 wire and ground.... puts the ECU in diag mode and blinks the signals at the CEL (if you have your CEL signal hooked up). Dunno if you've tried that already.

57p00rbob

Apr 4, 2012
Sacramento calif.
I have my check eng. light hooked up. But it sounds like you are talking about obd1 diag. This setup is out bof a 97 sc300, obd2, it won't flash codes like obd1. I wired in a port and it lights up the scanner but won't read. I even went so far as to get the vin from a 97sc300 to feed the snapon scanner, no luck so far.

89supramk3

Feb 1, 2006
arlington tx
wow im haveing the same problem im running rich but cant rev past 4500rpm. but I grabed a 180k 96sc300 2jzge that never had a basic tune up but what my problem seems to be are the injectors. I changed out every possible thing that would cause this problem but the injectors and the fpr. maybe u should give a look at your injectors with the proper voltage meter!!

57p00rbob

Apr 4, 2012
Sacramento calif.
Have you solved your problem? The injectors in most port injected motors including 2jz's work by having a constant 12v to one side and the ecu grounds the other side to fire the injector. The coolant temp, o2, maf, provide info the ecu uses to determine how long the injector stays open. There is no varying voltage to check. So I'm not sure what you want me to check with a proper voltage meter.

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
try this link. its from one of my threads about wiring a obd port into a 2jz swap and this guy posted to check out a lexus forum about wiring a diagnostic port that's capable of communicating with your laptop after downloading a free software. I myself have downloaded the software and it works, don't have a swap myself yet, but I mean the software program opens and displays information

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...196-free-toyota-pre-obd-datalogger-found.html