2jzge na-t mk3 build!

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
ive had this car for awhile and got it stock! so i started off like most people and had my 7m rebuilt..after about 31 miles i parted everything out to go 2jz! ive never been happier! as for the setup im using my 7mgte electronics and a map-ecu(for now),t4 .68 6262 turbo,arp head studs with a TT head gasket,stage 3 clutch,aem wide band,etc etc heres a few pics of the process! im 90% done im just waiting on my turbo manifold to come in and i need to buy spark plugs which im still undecided with what i would like to run!

after pulling the 7m and removing the bellhousing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

working on my harness/wiring the map-ecu in
sm_photo_missing.jpg

almost done!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

traded my a-tech wheels for these (=
p1698744_1.jpg

ordered some cool stuff from driftmotion
sm_photo_missing.jpg

pulled off the front sump -_-
sm_photo_missing.jpg

replaced my front seal while i was at it
sm_photo_missing.jpg

head removed and at the machine shop so the block witht he arp's on the stand with my bellhousing on my tranny!
p1698744_2.jpg

rear sump!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

engine off the stand,flywheel installed!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

tranny on!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

head fresh from the machine shop
sm_photo_missing.jpg

shortblock installed!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the 2jz pic
sm_photo_missing.jpg

hood off
sm_photo_missing.jpg

turbo and injectors in!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

head on!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

cams in
sm_photo_missing.jpg

almost done!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

started finishing the wiring!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

90% done!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

and thats basicly how she sits untill my manifold comes in! ill update more asap!

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
Kevin;1698958 said:
nicee im curious as to how difficult it is to go 2jzge-t while keeping 7m electronics

its very easy to be honest with you! theres tons of ways to go! lex maf with 550's and safc,map-ecu like me,vpc,maft-pro or even just stock 7mgte setup with a safc theres all kinds of way so its very easy to do...the wiring is very easy also just shorten some wires and extend a few thats all. oh and dont forget to make the new hole for the cps(which is also easy)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Kevin;1698958 said:
nicee im curious as to how difficult it is to go 2jzge-t while keeping 7m electronics

its very easy to be honest with you! theres tons of ways to go! lex maf with 550's and safc,map-ecu like me,vpc,maft-pro or even just stock 7mgte setup with a safc theres all kinds of way so its very easy to do...the wiring is very easy also just shorten some wires and extend a few thats all. oh and dont forget to make the new hole for the cps(which is also easy)

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
j3r3my;1699300 said:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

new hole for cps?

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Lookin good so far. Im goin 2jzge aswell looks like we got alot of the same parts exept mine is still in my garage...keep it up I'd like to compare spool times as I got a 6265..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
Kevin;1699534 said:
new hole for cps?

yes you need to drill a new hole closer in on the cps so it will line up with the 2jz head ill try to get a pic up asap

and that sounds good on the spool times..i should have this piece running either friday or saturday! im going to run it with the stock ge intake manifold for alittle while and my buddy here in mass owns a shop called dyno tech hes welding me a box manifold basicly identical to the 2jzgte one size and t.b angle also

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
I plan on doing the same thing come late summer or after tax returns! Although right away, I plan on staying 2jzGe and driving it NA until I can afford to do NA-T the right way. If I choose that route, should I use the 7mge electronics? Or should I still use GTE electronics?

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
well your probably better off with the gte electronics regardless since it would seem to make it all easier,also ill have a picture update since my turbo manifold finaly came in today!

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
ill get you a pic tomorrow and basicly you drill a new hole closer to the cps itself since the 7m bolt sits farther out

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
So you're using a 7M-GTE cps in a 2JZ-GE head? And all you need to do to make it work is drill and tap a new hole for the bolt? I had no idea it was that easy...

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
Reiketsukan;1701073 said:
So you're using a 7M-GTE cps in a 2JZ-GE head? And all you need to do to make it work is drill and tap a new hole for the bolt? I had no idea it was that easy...

yea basicly...heres a basic rundown of what you'd need to do

remove 2jzge dizzy and replace it with the 7mgte cps AFTER you drill a new slot
stock 7mgte 440's fit in the 2jzge rail so thats all set
7mgte knock sensors
7mgte temp sensors off of the water neck(the only 2 that fit under the 2jzge lower intake runners are the ones)
you can use the 7m coil pack(which is what im doing for now) or go c.o.p
extend wires for the iacv(same clip as the 2jzge)
extend your coil pack wires according to your setup
shorten your oil pressure sensor wire
shorten the 2 temp sensor wires
and basicly thats all i can remeber for right now..but its realy easy..if you can swap out a 7m you can swap in a 2jzge!

oh and also if you just using a safc and are keeping the afm use the 7mgte one or if your running 550's the lexus one of course

also i forgot to take pics today on account on of me behind almost crushed by about 800 pounds of granite today at work! ill get a pic of that shit show!..

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
reik i think its stickied somewhere from hottcennessey,and yes you use the 7mgte ecu

jdmmk3 i just bought mine from aaron because there not easy to find and def not cheap so you might as well get them from him!

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
j3r3my;1701523 said:
reik i think its stickied somewhere from hottcennessey,and yes you use the 7mgte ecu

jdmmk3 i just bought mine from aaron because there not easy to find and def not cheap so you might as well get them from him!

yea last resort is getting it from dm but I have time to search around and find it cheaper than normal. My original plan was to the throw the 2jzge in without the holset but i might as well rebuild and what not while the engine is out and the 7m is still running good(for now) lol..btw what clutch are u running?