2jzge head on gte block

robert.beltran91

Jan 30, 2012
El Paso Texas
Ound out that my head on the 2jzgte aristo I have is screwed beyond repair so I dunno what to do gte heads cost a nut so how about a ge head from a Lexus sc anyone know if it works ? Anymods that I needs do?

robert.beltran91

Jan 30, 2012
El Paso Texas
thans for all the input guys, sorry for the stupid questions i'm new to the jz world lol, anyone know anything bout the 1.5jz? other than the floow in the head not being as great as the 2jz head what other draw backs or positives is there to having the 1j head on the 2jblock other than pricing lol i was told i can get a 1j head complete on supra forums or even here for 200-300 smack-a-roos

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Someone in the JZ parts for sale has a 1j head for $175+shipping, IIRC. They don't flow quite as nicely, but it's an option.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
They flow enough for the 2.5 bottom end but get outflowed by the 3.0 bottom end if left stock around 600HP. Want to know all there is to know about the 1.5JZ?

Click the JZ link in my signature.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I have a couple of spare GE heads and have thought the same... Basically, everything around them changes... Intake/exhaust manifolds, cams, ECU, distributor, etc, etc

May still eventually use 'em, but just haven't figured out how to do it, without all of that overhead. Easier/cost-effective to get a GTE head. Been easy enough to get GE engines, almost complete for around $200.