2jzge flywheel cheap?

timtiminy

Aug 13, 2010
SoCal
I was looking at some way to get an inxpensive 2jzge (w58/55) flywheel and noticed that the Toyota line of trucks have a flywheel that closely resembles the 2jzge flywheel. It has 8 mounting holes (look the same pattern) and is the same diameter and it looks like the pressure plate mounting stud and holes are the same. The number of teeth is 120 which is different than the JZ flywheel but I figure swapping the starter gear should solve that. They are readily available at local autoparts stores for under half of what I was finding used 2jzge flywheels for. The only thing I don't know for sure is if their deck height matches. This might be something some of you might want to look into. If you find any info on it please post back here as I think it would be great to have a cheaper alternative.
2jzge
markii010.jpg

Truck

-Tim

timtiminy

Aug 13, 2010
SoCal
Why's it so hard to find a 2jzge flywheel? they came in 3 different model cars (is300, sc300, supra) you'd think you could get a stock replacement at your local parts store ordered but it doesn't even seem like you can find one used.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You can buy a lightweight aluminum one on ebay for $290 shipped.

They do show up on the forums every few weeks. If you get one used for less than $200 you're lucky.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You will have to see how the holes line up to the crank and if it will fit on the crank as well. If the hole is smaller, you could open it but if the center is larger, no luck there as a centering ring does not make sense to me.. :(

timtiminy

Aug 13, 2010
SoCal
ok so I found some info on the truck flywheel, and its quite a bit thicker overall so I dont think it'll work. Looking at the 1mzfe flyweel off a Solara or camry looks promising though...
How about thoughts on redrilling a 7mge flywheel?