2jz vs 7m reliablity? hope this isnt too noob of a question.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
1986.5supra_kid;1948515 said:
What do they do to their car that 7m owners dont usually do?

being as dense as I am I've got about a %50 chance of guessing right, but i'd say "change the clutch" although I've had mine go out from age, another from use and abuse (exploded) and have had to upgrade to hold power in the past... even now my new OE one is slipping on a mostly stock engine :(

Nick M;1948514 said:
That would be the best thing you could have said.

maybe for you. like I said though, I did my research to the best of my abilities, consulted with reputable and respected members of the supra community, and passed on what I came up with. I understand that info may be useless to you, but to other younger people without ties to knowledgeable individuals with absurd levels of experience in the matter... I'd wager the info is more than appreciated.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
1986.5supra_kid;1948505 said:
wonder why its not pressure lubricated? i was thinking rotella t6 5-40w..but i have one more gallon of 10-30w gtx castrol here.

Can't think of a single engine with them being pressure lubricated.

Again though, it's pointless as you should be running a multiplate/powerglide to handle power levels that high.

Also, you might want to read the oil section of the forums...

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
the one that got it was running a RPS triple plate o_O. It'd be fair to assume that the owner treated his car with disdain, and disregard (like most rich people would)