2jz to 91 ma70 wire hardness

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
i there i away from home on a TDY, i have a 91 ma70 mk3 supra and am debating on doing the splicing of the 7m and 2jzgte harness buy my self.

1 has anyone ever done a complete wire schematic or a wire diagram of the swap. so far for what i have seen the answer is no but i could be ovr looking something.
- ( i know that there is a difference between different in the mk3 harness ( for n/a to prior 89 and so forth)and for what i understand there is a difference between 2jz harnesses as well with Aristo 2jzgte and mk4 supra harnesses

2 how hard wound it be if i had exact model year mk3 supra and 2jz engine harness? what program should i use or how should i tackle this task?

i just want to do this for my application im not planing on selling harnesses if i can conker this task. i don't want to take away for DR Twaek. I have never had any dealings with the guy or his business but from word of mouth he does a Really good job

any help would be nice im just trying to save for having to buy DR Tweak's harness if i have to i will, but i can get away from going that rough i can go single for the jump and not have to hammer my firewall at all.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Do you have any electrical experience?

You have to add a few wires from the 7m harness and then you have to change the body plugs to fit your car.

If want it ran like stock the harness would need to be extended.

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
i do experience i have a bit of a back round in electrical construction and now a bit i air plans, thats why i think i can do this. if the task become to great, ill just contact the DR tho

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
what do they look like do u have any pics of his work with the harness splicing. dones he use any shielding? are they new harnesses or just splicing ??

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
He is currently building mine. He recently finished the 2j swap harness on the Chariot of the Damned( google it) he has different levels of work

From simple splicing together and depinning to making a Brand new harness with new plugs.

For me he is making a brand new harness with better shielded wires, bigger grounds and moving the ignitior into the glovebox. Also wiring in my Greddy BCC and Safc2 in. I will get him to send pics.

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
Ok I'll try harder but most of what I have found for the ma70s where just small circuits but not of the whole engine bay to dash diagrams

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
I'm Thi king of it if I can find concrete information and schematics I'm going to try but if it seem to be to much for me then I'll pay someone. If u can give me any insight I would me pricative. I'll fell confident if I can get a full wire diagram or schematic of the conversion harness

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There is no wire diagram for straight wire to wire swap.

There is a soarer to ma70 sticky but I found out not all of it was right for my buddy's car.

Really just need a multi meter and both diagrams for each car.

Takes some time.

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
So is are they just set up for specific system. So when u find one it just going to be for the ignition system how are they design sorry I'm totally new to the vehicle wiring harnesses.