2JZ Swap Q's

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
Im dropping a 2JZ into my 89 Turbo and after sending payment to a member on this board (who will remain nameless) for his full usdm spec TT 2JZ he decided to sell it to someone else. So now I need to go a different route.

My plan is to buy a brand new block from toyota and also purchase a TT aristo motor with auto tranny. I would put the head/accessories/etc... onto the new block with all new gaskets and arp hardware. Would this work out easily enough? Im also going with bc or hks cams, titan gears, and a big single with the proper fuel setup and aem standalone.

On a side note, what oil pan will I need?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wrong section for this question...it belongs in Other Engine Tech.

Thread moved...pay attention to where you post.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
A usdm tt oil pan for a direct swap over. You can probably do NA pan too but then you'd have to weld for turbo oil lines.

If you're going to spend all that money on a brand new block why not just buy a longblock? You plan on modding that head at all? If not, the jdm motor sounds pointless to me.

I hope you have a shit ton of money :D because I'm in the process of this same swap (big single on stock fuel) and I'm already about 8k deep.

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
cramerizking;1308034 said:
A usdm tt oil pan for a direct swap over. You can probably do NA pan too but then you'd have to weld for turbo oil lines.

If you're going to spend all that money on a brand new block why not just buy a longblock? You plan on modding that head at all? If not, the jdm motor sounds pointless to me.

I hope you have a shit ton of money :D because I'm in the process of this same swap (big single on stock fuel) and I'm already about 8k deep.

wow!!!!

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
N87Turbo;1308016 said:
Im dropping a 2JZ into my 89 Turbo and after sending payment to a member on this board (who will remain nameless) for his full usdm spec TT 2JZ he decided to sell it to someone else. So now I need to go a different route.

My plan is to buy a brand new block from toyota and also purchase a TT aristo motor with auto tranny. I would put the head/accessories/etc... onto the new block with all new gaskets and arp hardware. Would this work out easily enough? Im also going with bc or hks cams, titan gears, and a big single with the proper fuel setup and aem standalone.

On a side note, what oil pan will I need?

i would just buy the jdm 2jz motor and rebuild the block with aftermarket or stock stuff and not buy a block from toyota cuz it can get pretty pricey. (mayb for cheaper you could build a stronger block) you will need a supra or soarer 1jz oil pan or usdm 2jz oil pan

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
The new Toyota block will be more than enough to hold the 750hp range im shooting for and I would be more trusting in a new block than a used one. A new block is only $2,100 which isnt bad and well within my budget.
Ill be sticking with the R154 tranny, what clutch options are out there? I know I need a 1jz flywheel but what clutch setup to I need, 7m or jz?

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
N87Turbo;1308368 said:
The new Toyota block will be more than enough to hold the 750hp range im shooting for and I would be more trusting in a new block than a used one. A new block is only $2,100 which isnt bad and well within my budget.
Ill be sticking with the R154 tranny, what clutch options are out there? I know I need a 1jz flywheel but what clutch setup to I need, 7m or jz?
7m clutch

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
cramerizking;1308034 said:

No need to, just drill out the NA pan and install USDM oil drain neck