2jz swap my ears are in pain

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
my ears in pain my 2jz screams and also sounds like a v8, my timing is set and i don't have any stored codes in the ecu

i think i have a huge vaccum leak/ exhaust leak, comming from the exhaust side of engine

also on the crappy rev and idle anyone have any ideas were to start it is dead timed, no codes in the ecu.

2jzswap using 7m electonics, vpc ecu
video expains all

before the FFIM
[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/CalHayes/Supra/?action=view&current=100_1953.flv[/URL]

please help me :)

Last edited:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
That's normal man. Its the sound of the twin super chager built into the intake manifold. Without that sound there's no way the turbo could spool the superchargers up to maximum velocity!

(sorry, I have no idea man)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
vacuum leak, make sure you have gaskets on plenums and tb and to have them torqued down well...also try feeling around and see if u can feel anything or hear a diff.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Are you running an ISCV? I've heard a whine like that when there is no filter / hose on the ISCV.

Could also be a vac. leak as stated above

what TB are you running?

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
empera;1080415 said:
vacuum leak, make sure you have gaskets on plenums and tb and to have them torqued down well...also try feeling around and see if u can feel anything or hear a diff.

i'm 90% sure/hoping its the throttlebody gasket, i ordered one last night so hopefully it will be here by friday

i'm running a isc, i really hope its not that...it is a abslute pain to get on and off. but if that is the a possiblity then thats after the TB gasket

thanks for the help people; more input from others would be great; next time i will be online is about 4 days from now

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
hottscennessey;1080452 said:
Are you running an ISCV? I've heard a whine like that when there is no filter / hose on the ISCV.

Could also be a vac. leak as stated above

what TB are you running?

both of my cars have the isc vented with no filter or anything on them and they dont sound anything like that.

sounds like your tb gasket didnt set right or the intake manifold gasket didnt set right.

my friends eclipse sounded like that when his intake manifold gasket started to fall apart and he had a massive vac leak.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Your car sounds JUST like a 2-stroke snowmobile. Sweet.

Does the scream change linearly with rev's or intake pressure? I would think a vaccum leak would create that noise on the low-pressure side of the leak (intake, vaccum lines, etc). That sounds like YOU'RE on the low pressure side of that leak.

Let us know.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
as you rev the engine it goes away as you can hear; i went trough and re tightened the intake manifold to make sure there all tight, found some that were alittle lose so now the majoroity of the screaming has gone away, still need a throttle body gasket that has taken for ever to get here(still don't have). but its consderiably better, the engine still sounds like its not running on 2 cylinders, coil pack resitances were fine, i know plugs are fouled but i hope i can figure it out soon :)

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
update: had to get the manifold planned :(, i changed the spark plugs and put new gas in it. still idles like piss and revs like piss. i did have a code 51 but that has been fixed, the codes i have now are 52 and 21, one for the knock sensor and one is for o2 sensor. idle is about 500 but it needs to be around 650, timming is set the best i could get it. does anyone know if you install a vpc if your supopsed to run a resistor some place in the circuit like in the maf(for some reason i saw a car do that just can't remeber which)

Last edited:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
man, I'm having the same problem as you with the piss ass idling and revving. hopefully you get the answers to fix your problem so i know where to look.