2jz swap in my other supra

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
so... im new to supramania sort of. i look at some post every now and then here and i have had an account for a while but now i guess im gonna post something.
i have 2 mkiii supras. an 87 hard top turbo and an 88 targa turbo. i am a mechanic and have worked on supras for a few years so i have felt my way around them but havent done alot of swaps.
now i started researching doing a 2jz swap into my 87 so i configured a list of things that i need
2jz engine with harness
1jz bell housing
1jz flywheel
rear sump oil pan
r154 tranny
r154 clutch and pressure plate
custom mounts since i dont want to swap the crossmember
1jz intercooler kit

if i am wrong on any of this or need more stuff let me know
and if you could send me some pointers on navigating this site that would be helpful too. thanks everyone

chris aka rocketguy

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Welcome to SM Chris. I am not too familiar with doing swaps. But luckily for you we have a "Other Engine Tech" forum that has information relating to what you will need for your swap.
Navigating this site is pretty easy. Take some time to get familiar with Supramania's home page.
Also important is the search feature located at the top of the page. It will usually yield the information you are looking for.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Again, welcome to the site. Have fun here.

Last edited: