2jz single guys, what engine management are you running?

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
Ric said:
Someone lied to you.

You can easily do 900+whp on a piggy back just as safe as any stand alone with alot more reliability.

Of course, theres only 1 piggy back in the world that can do that, and it's $200 bucks used.
which piggy back do you speak of? :dunno:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
Words can't describe how stupid you just made yourself look. You just called the smartest person in the world when it comes to tuning a GTE an idiot, and that is not an opinion.
He is retarded if he says using a map ecu to tune a 1jz to 900whp is no problem. The correction on the map signal would be crazy and I wouldn't even think of running any kind of boost with timing numbers all over the place. Maybe you misunderstood what he said.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
Do you know who I'm talking about or are you the only GTE owner to be living on the moon?
I dont care who he is. That statment is retarded..

To be honest though, it is true I guess.. Just run enough octane you wouldn't have to worry about it.. I wouldn't dream of trying to push that setup on pump gas with any kind of boost though..

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
tissimo said:
I dont care who he is. That statment is retarded..

No seriously, it's not.

Let just put it this way, in 1996 he had the worlds fastest MKIV running 11.4 @ 129 and it was NA-T(fucking rocked the world off it's axis). He was building full street trim MKIV's in the 9's since 1998.

So um... yeah. If Jarrett says it can be done, it can be done. End of discussion. He's forgotten more about tuning motors then what Darin @ titan will ever learn (you know Darin... who tunes the 6 second Titan drag race cars, daily drives the 9.0 second full interior, radio, a/c, cruise control MKIV).

Last edited:

Adrian98

Banned
Dec 19, 2006
orange county
Ric said:
No seriously, it's not.

Let just put it this way, in 1996 he had the worlds fastest MKIV running 11.4 @ 129 and it was NA-T(fucking rocked the world off it's axis). He was building full street trim MKIV's in the 9's since 1998.

So um... yeah. If Jarrett says it can be done, it can be done. End of discussion. He's forgotten more about tuning motors then what Darin @ titan will ever learn (you know Darin... who tunes the 6 second Titan drag race cars, daily drives the 9.0 second full interior, radio, a/c, cruise control MKIV).
I agree with you

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
you linked us to the Map ECU 2 which looks like an amazing product! It does everything! But it's not $200, it's $700! I like it a lot though. Just have to find a knowledgeable installer in SoCal when I decided to go with it. Amazing!

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
PHR MAP ECU II Supra Harness

This plug and play harness was designed to make installation of the PHR MAP-ECU II on a 93-98 Supra Twin Turbo easy even for the inexperienced installer. All major functions of the MAP ECU II are already connected so all you have to do is plug it in, connect your MAP-ECU II, and load a map to start the car! You can also connect other electronics to this harness without cutting into the expensive factory wiring harness. This turns a several hour wiring project into a 10-minute affair for Supra TT owners!

Price: $450

This is awesome. This and the MAP ECU 2 would be awesome with a 2jz harness and ecu.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
mapecu2 is amazingly easy to install, ive done it before (pnp harness on a MKIV, but isnt harded to install than an afc). i also believe it to have one of the best programs out there. full timing control, fuel control, 2 step, nitrous control. its a piggyback that can replace a standalone.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
No seriously, it's not.

wow the biggest nut swing ever.. think for your self instead of aimlessly follow your fearless leader.

Ok you Might be able to use the map ecu to run 900whp, but try putting pump gas back in and boost 18 psi or so.. Say you're using 760cc injectors (2x the stock 380s, and wont give you 900whp) you'll be cutting the Map signal 50% to get the proper fueling. Cutting the fueling 50% means at 5V map signal you'll cut it to 2.5V (key off on the stock map sensor is ~2.4v) so the ecu thinks you're running 0 psi. So at 0 psi say 4500-5000rpms peak torque, you have XX timing in the stock fuel map right? I'm not sure on the value but I assume ~ 30* or so.. Fwiw I ran my aem @ 32-36* at 0 psi and ran fine) so how will 30* and 93 octane work at 18 psi? Not very good..

To be more accurate.. you're turbo is producing much more air to use more then 380cc injectors (380whp).. say you're pushing 500whp at 18 psi (500cc injectors lets just say) ~ 35% less (pulling 35% fuel). So 35% of 5V = 3.25V which is ~ 4-5 psi of boost.. What's the stock timing map at 4-5 psi of boost. say 20* (retarding 2* per pound of boost, very concervative) still 20* at 18 psi on 93 octane is very aggressive still. Call your boy up and ask if 20* of timing at 18 psi on 93 octane is safe? I bet he'll say no..

These are all guess on what the stock ecu will be doing with timing.. Its too risky imo. Yes it might be able to make 900whp, but is it reliable for everything? no..

The Map ecu Scales the Map voltage just like an AFC or a emanage, so you are saying that a AFC or Emanage can make 900whp as well.. They are no different they way the manipulate the stock ecu to get the desired fueling.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
700 Map ECU 2
450 Harness
200 MKIV OBD1 ECU

$1350 total, AEM is $1425 new.

Jaquar, I just got an AEM today. I have a MAP ECU and jumper harness. This is a version 1, not 2 but I will sell it for $350 shipped. PM me if you are interested in it before I post it up.