2jz piston compression height and block deck height

cresjunkie

Dec 21, 2012
ohio
Hi folks. I am finding conflicting information so I may as well ask.

What is the piston compression height for the N/A 2jz pistons?
What is the blocks deck height as well?
Has anyone by chance had a 2jz crank cut for honda rod bearings with success for use with custom rods?

Sorry for the questions and I appreciate any answers.

Chris

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Compression ratio is 10:1 and with vvti its 10:5

Block height should be the same for GTE which is 27cm or 10.629in

As for the third question why?

cresjunkie

Dec 21, 2012
ohio
Thank you for the compression ration of the engine, but I am looking for the compression height of the stock piston. That is the distance from the center of the wrist pin to the top of the piston.

A smaller diameter rod bearing will have less drag and less friction, but the crank will have to be cut for it. A smaller compression height of the piston will allow a considerably longer rod with the smaller rod bearing. I'm basically after a long rod 2jz instead of going after a big cc engine.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
A longer rod is not going to chage the displacement.

There are many nice rods for the 2j out that are the capable for 1k + hp.

cresjunkie

Dec 21, 2012
ohio
I'm not looking to change the size/cc of the engine. I just want to run a few numbers to see what different rod lengths will do to the rod ratio

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
cresjunkie;1903410 said:
Thank you for the compression ration of the engine, but I am looking for the compression height of the stock piston. That is the distance from the center of the wrist pin to the top of the piston.

A smaller diameter rod bearing will have less drag and less friction, but the crank will have to be cut for it. A smaller compression height of the piston will allow a considerably longer rod with the smaller rod bearing. I'm basically after a long rod 2jz instead of going after a big cc engine.
Keep in mind Toyota Induction hardens their Cranks so it's quite shallow, you'll have to Niteride/Heat Treat the crank afterwards and this gets a bit expensive.