2jz parts

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
hey guys, thinking bout goin 2jz. im on a budget but i found one for a good price, now if i bought an aristo front clip. will $1000 be enough to buy the rest of what i need, (jz bellhousing, new ic setup, whatever else? i have a 91 turbo with an r154. so i already have the right subfram i think, and have a walbro pump. i would use the stock twins, and ecu. i searched but everything is kind of guessing from what i can tell. thanks guys

Mike

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
hey man....its going to take waayyy more than 1k. unless your keeping the stock twins. don't be cheap, that will only make it more troublesome in the end.
but if you are interested, i have an extra 1jz bell housing you can buy. let me know if you are interested

suprflyusmc1

Dec 13, 2006
Ramona
I thought about doing the same thing, then I had a reality check. So, I decided to sell my supras. If you pinched pennies long enough and decide the delayed gratification will be worth it, you shouldn't have any problem saving the money if you try hard enough.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
speed dodici said:
For my 1jz, i've spent somewhere around 2500 on misc parts and supplies ontop of the cost of the motorset. 2jzs are even more involved. IMO don't do it unless you can set aside at least 5-6k

You're forgetting he already has a 1JZ, so a 2JZ swap will be less expensive because of that fact.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
can check my thread to see how much ive spent (i would be spending more as i am going from 7mgte auto to 2jzgte man)

transmission parts cost me near 1000 going from an auto for just about everything

the jz harness will make things easier

i like to prep the block a little more with replacing all the seals and such first... belts pump it all adds up in the end

hopefully the twins with the engine are still good too, and all of your wastegate valves are in A ok condition (all of mine were broken and said screw it to go big single)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
^^ cutting it close.

rear sump upper and lower pan, baffle, pickup tube, walbro, plugs and some FPIG minimum.

oh, have fun with the wiring (biggest reason i went 1j over 2j)

edit, i have a new baffle and pickup tube from a jza80 and jza70 motormounts if you want to buy them :naughty:

Last edited: