2jz NO! NO! They'v gone bad

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Quin;1451919 said:
What's hard to understand about this? Economy. Car. Fast or not, it's still based off of (you guessed it!) an ECONOMY CAR. So what, if a Corolla Type S (or whatever the sport model is, you get the idea) ran mid to high 13s stock you'd respect it because it was faster than a MkIII? lol. Same principal.

I really don't think it's a double standard, I'm calling it like it is. It's not a performance car, it's a sport model of an economy car. You're not getting it, it's not just about speed to me.

As I said before, I don't care if it's got 500fwhp and pulls a grey hound on me, at the end of the day, he went home in a Neon. Stock for stock, no, they don't beat my car, at least not the two I've raced. Even with a couple light mods it's a driver's race.

Stock for stock, with drivers of equal skill, the SRT-4 would RAPE a MkIII. Those neons pull 13's all day long bone-stock, whereas the MkIII runs what...mid 15's with a good driver?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
kotu100;1452001 said:
anyone here bashing on a srt-4 has never been in one before.

Wrong. I'v been in several srt-4's, I'v raced several and killed every single one that i'v raced.... I still bash them..

Either way the Supra still has one of the highest respects in the car scene. When someone asks what kind of car I drive It puts a smile on my face every time to say I drive a supra. If i had to say i drive a neon it just wouldnt be the same. 20 years from now we will all be driving Prius's anyway, so enjoy your supra's while you'v got them :cry:

Last edited:

H1SP33D

Jun 27, 2009
los angeles
ive driven three, beat two, and got my ass handed to by one. i give them props in their cheap speed but cant get over the fwd,4door, or neon roots. to me evos, ser, srt4, with their tall roof lines are all ugly. i once overheard someone at the track say "thats a pretty fast bitch car" about my buddies srt4. fast neon's don't get the same respect as a fast rwd car's. its not glorious if they win its just funny. reminds me of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZ34B1Q5-0

Last edited:

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
suprafanatic;1452048 said:
Wrong. I'v been in several srt-4's, I'v raced several and killed every single one that i'v raced.... I still bash them..

Either way the Supra still has one of the highest respects in the car scene. When someone asks what kind of car I drive It puts a smile on my face every time to say I drive a supra. If i had to say i drive a neon it just wouldnt be the same. 20 years from now we will all be driving Prius's anyway, so enjoy your supra's while you'v got them :cry:
yeah that part about being respected is true for the most part...until it comes to the quarter mile...we lack there....and the respect drops even more for most people when you tell them its an mk3 lol. But we're here to prove those assholes wrong! Long story short....(sorry if i offend) but lets say the pansiest little kid ever...i mean he trades poke'mon cards...he's captain of the chess team...he's homosexual....and he weighs about 120lbs and is 5'5''....but he kicks your ass...beats the living shit out of you....his win is unglorified and you are still better than him because he went home a little gay nerd?

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
Dude who cares... he lost. kudos on for the Neon owner. Obviously he put more money in his car...

That being sad. I did kill moded SRT-4 here in cleveland... with 1jz so i guess we are even.

Its not the car you drive it now much money and time you put in it. MONEY=FAST!!! that is all there is to it. If you wanted you can get a Pinto to run in the 7's if you had enough money to put in it....

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I think we are starting to miss the idea that was originaly brought up... With the mods he has done to that supra he should have beaten that srt-4. something was wrong.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
suprafanatic;1452338 said:
I think we are starting to miss the idea that was originaly brought up... With the mods he has done to that supra he should have beaten that srt-4. something was wrong.

It's substantially more fun to make fun of neons than it is to make excuses as to why a fellow Supra lost to one. For all we know, the guy could have had his boost controller set to off, or setting B, low boost, instead of A, max boost.

As I said before, it was a fast Neon.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
suprafanatic;1452338 said:

what was wrong here was driver mod.... first day getting the car back.... first day getting a feel for a single 2j.... what pisses me off is that the operator of video camera was specifically told by kyle that he didn't want the video posted on the internet... to me thats a low blow he just did it to rub it in his face .... he ran the srt4 just to see how the new set up ran ...... he wanted somthing to compare it to. also keep in mind that this was with a base tune.. and after reading through the comments i noticed that he was running off of wastegate... so 11-13psi....

hell my stock ass 7m with an exhaust feels fast to me... but when i ran quin a while ago in his cobra i wanted to know how it would stack up to it. yea i should have beat him but i figured out my timing was also off... so everyone usually thinks that their set up is quick untill they are put down... They get faster as they figure things out =) or more money is put into mods lol

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
There is a lot of shit talking going on right now. I personallly know the driver/owner of both of these vehicles. Boris in the SRT put down 453WHP on our school's chassis dyno, with a BC set at 25- 26psi i think, nitrous, no exhaust, and it ran an 11.7ish at 124ish at Norwalk raceway the videos of it doing that are on streetfire also ;). Im not sure what kind of power Kyles car was making then, but i will say this, as it sat it was on no more than 13 pounds and that car had so much potential. IT WAS the most perfect 2JZ 6spd mk3 that i have ever layed eyes on and it could have made every bit of power that the 35 could have put out which would have been impressive but the car just received a nice ass pack not even a month ago.

All of you on here, young or old, experience or no experience, take your negative comments and shove them up your ass, you have no clue what your talking about as far as this race goes... Ill let Kyle finish up this thread if he even has time for this place anymore...

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
what kinda turbo is in the srt-4? know what hes got for engine mods? just ask out of curiosity, ill be building mine over the winter and 450whp is all i want.