2jz NO! NO! They'v gone bad

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
whitemike;1450178 said:
Not sure if anyone mentioned this (didnt read 6 pages of posts), but, if he really did have a v160 in there - wouldn't he have to have a TT6Spd rear end as well, in order to not have a horribly wrong gear setup?

he has the 6spd trans and rear end and id imagine with the set up and gearing itd be good. I'm not to sure, i know the mkiv rear end is 3.2x or 3.3x somewhere around that.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
suprafanatic;1447863 said:
haha.. sorry but SRT-4s are not fast.. They have to be pretty heavily modded from what i'v seen. I'v never lost to an SRT-4 and i'v raced several that were modded. Hell i raced a modded SRT-4 that was on like 22psi, full exhaust and a bunch of other stuff, i smoked it and that was back when i Just had an upgraded CT turbo on. One night when i was driving my supra through Indy there was a group of SRT-4 guys that come up beside me. One of the guys in the SRT-4 was yelling at me calling my Supra an Old slow piece of SH*t and i just laughed .. Well to bad for him the light in front of us turned red, So he had to back up his mouth now. Light turns green and i was gone. I wait a while and let him catch back up and we went from a roll.. same out come. I pulled on him like he was going in reverse. Only thing i like about SRT-4s is the aggressive front end.. other than that its still a neon and FWD.

lol, I was in the car for that! So was another friend of mine, in total over 400lbs of people not counting driver, on top of his 4000lb car. We had 0.003% traction and the skittle dead hooked and we still took off from him.

Shit, I've beat a couple in my slobra! Cool guys, you have a BOV and can spin your bike (205? 215 tops) tires from a 50 roll. Still driving a Neon. kbai

Cole, I don't care if he's never even driven a stick before, that's was embarrassing for Supra owners everywhere. You should have beat him until he let someone else drive. lol

Tajabaho1

Aug 1, 2009
Socal
this video will inevitably have ramifications for all us supra owners

now every single ricer kid is going to say ask us to race because

"supras are slower than neons!"

oh sigh, the horror!!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Tajabaho1;1450508 said:
this video will inevitably have ramifications for all us supra owners

now every single ricer kid is going to say ask us to race because

"supras are slower than neons!"

oh sigh, the horror!!

Maybe now I can actually get a race:: door ::

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I haven't got a chance to ride in it yet, but my buddy has an SRT-4. I think it has over 500 to the wheels and a bunch of crazy nice parts on it. I'm pretty sure even if I had over 550whp he would still put it on me pretty good. I don't like that idea, but its lighter then my supra and probably revs much higher then mine.

Here's the link to his shop which has videos of his srt-4:

http://tunergeeks.com/

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Poodles;1450625 said:
Car has to be running first ;)

Won't matter right now. Too cold to run. I was talking about next year.

I have a feeling you will see firsthand how it runs next year, a few fun things are in the works.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Only read the first page as of this post, but here are my thoughts:

First, those skittles aren't a slouch by any means. That one, according to the video, ran 11.6 with a 100-shot....not sure if he used the squeeze on that run or not though, but off the squeeze, he probably runs a mid-12 in the 1/4.

Second, IIRC, those cars are about 1,000lbs or so lighter than our cars, and a bit more aerodynamic.

Third, the 2j in the video apparently is putting down about 350-375. So I ask, what's a 3700lb car putting 375 down do in the 1/4? Low 13's to mid 12's?

My conclusion: The skittle got the jump, but the supra was hanging with him the whole race 'til the end where he started creeping. Now whether that's because the driver of the neon actually let off, or the supra was really pulling....I can't say. Theoretically, the supra would've been in his power band through the whole race, so if he was holding steady in his power band, then it leads me to believe that the driver of the neon actually let off. If he had been short-shifting and was below his power band most of the race then got into it near the end...then I could see him actually reeling him in.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
A couple of points I'd like to add:

The Supra didn't get slaughtered... it's not like he looked like he slammed on the brakes. It wasn't that bad, seriously. He got his ass kicked though, lol.

Secondly, if you attach a solid fueled rocket to a Kia and run 6's in the 1/4, it's still a Kia. Doesn't matter if it has 25000hp, a Kia is a Kia. A neon, therefore, regardless of if it has 500hp, and would absolutely KILL my piddly Supra, is still a Neon. Let's not glamorize it, dress it up, let's all just sidle up to the table and admit flat out that it's a front wheel drive economy car that some fruitcake at Dodge thought would be a great idea to put a HOT engine in.

Admittedly, they've made a scary fast car. But, we must return to the original point that a chest of drawers with a rocket on it, is still a chest of drawers... regardless of how fast you go from point A to point B. I'll sleep soundly at night with the knowledge that almost every SRT-4 out there is faster than my car, purely on the grounds that my '89 turbo powers the right wheels and has dignity. How much dignity can one really have with a 550fwhp Dodge Neon? I guess it depends on how many Ferrari's you can convince to race you... cuz in the end, a carrot is a carrot.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
I have no respect for the SRT-4 at all. You can basically say, That mitsubishi powered neon is FAST. Without the joint and bought out of Mitsu, the SRT-4 wouldn't be where its at. With the high demand and competition, Dodge did make a fast affordable compact car during that spike. In doing so, they did cheap out on reliability. There are many idiot ricer kids in my old town who had SRT-4, but every now and then do the lower block can't withstand boost and high revs, BLOW UP.

All in all I rather drive a honda and still be reliable. At best I would rather drive a FWD Talon TSI like my old one... taking on K20a hatch,srt-4, camaros, mustangs, ect.

On topic, that Mk3 has some issues to work out. Seems low boost as a GT35r would really scream and be more potent at 15+ psi.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
I love listening to all this...If a neon is faster than your car, suck it up and deal with it. Yea it's still a neon. If one of us walks a Ferrari, "It's still a Supra, who cares" - Same shit. If everybody used those kind of lame-ass excuses, then nobody would care to modify their cars in the first place. Bottom line, the neon fisted him, no lube.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
So much disinfo in this thread.

The stock SRT-4 block is STOUT, it's dumbass kids that do shit mods that kill it. I don't care if your engine is made of unobtainium, if the tune is bad it WILL go.

Supposedly the stock SRT-4 pistons are forged, the crank while being cast is very strong, and the rods are the powdered metal LSx style that are very strong.

As with any car, it's the owner. This is especially true when modifications are done.

Tajabaho1

Aug 1, 2009
Socal
I hate the term ricers, most "ricers" don't even eat rice

they eat f'ing bread

why don't we call em breaders

Tajabaho1

Aug 1, 2009
Socal
^ I know, still, they eat bread..............

I don't see alot of asian kids being ricers around here in Socal, it's usually either white or mex................and they don't eat rice..........

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Everyone eats rice :rofl:

Also, the term comes from "rice burners" which was used to refure to japanese cars. Usually because they beat the shit outta the musclecars around a track...