2jz na-t hx35 zero lag setup

Jefftopgun

Dec 30, 2008
Huntsville Al
Well I've progressed along way from my mkiii I had awhile back, been through alot of cars and have settled on making my current 84 cressy my drift SLUT!!! Lol sorry...

Anyway goal here as all of you know, stupid amounts of response, with decent power all the way to redline... So here's the plan...

Internally stock non vvti 2jz-ge
home made t3 manifold
hx35 turbo, 6,7,8 blade specifics not really important.
Megasquirt 3.0 with timing control
air to water ic
100 low lead aviation fuel.

Personally tuned a bone stock valve cover to drain plug 2jzge to over 500whp at 22 psi (on a t3/t4 57 trim) with the above listed fuel on 7mgte electronics with a vpc, itc, safc-2, and afpr... Also changed out the crystal in the ecu allowing it to rev from 6200 to 7800 as well... Suffice to say, it's not my first rodeo...

The goal on this next build is somewhere around 400ft lbs at 15-20 psi, just wanted to get some input on how some of you older guru's think this combination will work, I'm going for full spool by 3200-3500, and I'm pretty sure this setup will do it.

Thanks
Jeff

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Not all HX35s are the same, 6 and 7 blabe HX35 flow about 60lb/min in its 12cm housing. The 8 blade hx35 flows less around 56-57 lbs/min. Now the Hy35 and Hx35 have the same compressor wheel and are both capable of 60lbs/min , but the Hy35 9cm is a restriction. But the Hy35 is a perfect candidate for your 3200-3500 full spool, 400 rwtq at around 18 psi. :beer:

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

jefftopgun;1582061 said:
well i've progressed along way from my mkiii i had awhile back, been through alot of cars and have settled on making my current 84 cressy my drift slut!!! Lol sorry...

Anyway goal here as all of you know, stupid amounts of response, with decent power all the way to redline... So here's the plan...

Internally stock non vvti 2jz-ge
home made t3 manifold
hx35 turbo, 6,7,8 blade specifics not really important.
Megasquirt 3.0 with timing control
air to water ic
100 low lead aviation fuel.

Personally tuned a bone stock valve cover to drain plug 2jzge to over 500whp at 22 psi (on a t3/t4 57 trim) with the above listed fuel on 7mgte electronics with a vpc, itc, safc-2, and afpr... also changed out the crystal in the ecu allowing it to rev from 6200 to 7800 as well... Suffice to say, it's not my first rodeo...

The goal on this next build is somewhere around 400ft lbs at 15-20 psi, just wanted to get some input on how some of you older guru's think this combination will work, i'm going for full spool by 3200-3500, and i'm pretty sure this setup will do it.

Thanks
jeff

how did you do that bro. A write up would be great.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i think you should look into the hx 40 with BEP housing. it spools right at about 3500 on my setup- and this is on a 1jz so you could get it to spool around 3k or lower depending on your compression ratio

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Im tryint to find out about the REV LIMITER mod myself. There is a guy on the DSM forums running a HX40 with a BEP .55 ar and is making close to 700 rwhp with a 300-500 rpm faster spool than a GT35r. SSSSIIIICCCKK...Now about the rev limiter mod anyone?

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
What is the flow of the hx40? Did the DSM guy have both turbos and only changed those back to back? Did he decide to add a bunch of timing pre-spool to make it look like faster spool?

OT: The "mod" doesn't exist. Why would Toyota make fuel maps to 7800 rpm only to limit it to 6800? Thats like building a 5000 sq ft building and closing off a hallway to make 3000sq ft. You would just build 3000sq ft building to begin with.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
from my experience the dsm crowd really likes to bs. if they say spool at 4k, they probably mean positive pressure(aka 1 or 2 psi), and full boost probably comes on 4500+ rpm

hung_lo

Sep 12, 2008
Burnaby
I have an HX35 on my 1JZ

Full boost around 3k, but it chokes up top.

Didn't get a full tune and it has stock cams too, so take it with a grain of salt.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Avernier;1619735 said:
i really need an update. suspense is killing me.

The guy has not posted since 3 months ago most likely a dead thread. Holsets are the way to go if you are looking for a turbo.

Avernier

Jan 2, 2010
Birmingham
Hmm, but with 2jz cams, you may be able to get the top end back eh?

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

I already bought an hy35 lol.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
There was a company doing that crystal 'upgrade' to the 7M ecu a while back. Originally pioneered the process on the MR2 ECU, IIRC. Problem was it worked erratically for the 7M - some ECUs were fine, some showed no change, some didn't work at all. After a few failures, they walked away, and we haven't seen them since.

FullNelson - this didn't give you access to previously hidden maps - it scaled everything on the ECU, so if the new crystal was 10% faster than the old one, it would allow you to move your redline up by 10%, at the same time moving your fuel cut up by 10%, the point that you go open loop up by 10%, etc, etc. The downside of this, even when it worked, meant that at your new WOT, you're pushing 10% more while still using the same timing maps - fuel maps are pretty much full open on the taps at wot, so not much difference there. You can get away with this to a point - witness the Lexus AFM / 550cc injector upgrade, which does basically the same thing, only it scales a signal into the ECU instead of the ECU itself. However, there comes a point where this becomes hazardous due to knock created by incorrect timing. Which explains the OP's choice of fuel - 100octane gives you a lot more headroom in the timing category!

Personally, I'd go the water / meth injection route. Gives you about the same end result - probably a bit more effective, to be honest - and it's only active at high boost, so you're not burning expensive fuel all the time. And I suspect that water / meth is actually cheaper than 100 octane aviation fuel in the first place.