2JZ MKIII vs 7M MKIII...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Some of you may recall a couple months back, the thread,
"Acouple High HP Supra's playing around"...

Well, here are those two cars, but actually going at it this time. :aigo:

Again,
SuicideSuprA70 (Matt)....white 2J car
and
suprafanatic (Nate)....burgundy built 7M car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLSH6PxMQe0
(Pardon the annoying 4:3 ratio...I forgot to save it as widescreen version!) :(

Enjoy!
Jeff

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
not bad....not bad at all...7m just needs more boost to keep up lol

thanks for posting nice vid.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
hottscennessey;1276381 said:
2 words, for both of you. BRAKE BOOOOOST:)

I've actually told BOTH of them before, but I think it's a mental note to some people that it's just going to eat your brakes. :biglaugh:

You've mentioned it a couple times now...
I take it this means you did it often with great results? ;)

BTW, I'm sure he'll chime in to mention it,...But on Ch.1 (15PSI), it now walks all over the road with the GT40.
Can't wait to feel it on Ch.2 & 3. :love:
I hear you're possibly coming up for Chicago this year? :)

Jeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Cool. Brake boosting is awesome, they should do it. ;) There is a noticeable difference for sure.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Brief example...

If you're going from a 50MPH roll...Kick down to whatever gear you'd normally go in,
but instead of holding gas steady, compensate your brake and accelerate at the same time so that you're putting a load on your motor,
building boost, and as soon as you're supposed to go, let off your brake and WOT. :D

Baaaasically, ride your brake, and give it gas so you stay at desired speed. :)

Jeff

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Jeff's doing 180kpa while brake boosting on the Doward 13" BBK ;) Moves pretty good when stepping off at 12psi right from the start!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Doward;1276822 said:
Jeff's doing 180kpa while brake boosting on the Doward 13" BBK ;) Moves pretty good when stepping off at 12psi right from the start!

Now that's what's up! :naughty:
If only I could get my hands on a set of those...:)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward;1276822 said:

HAHA oh the feeling!

Boost Lee;1276970 said:
Now that's what's up! :naughty:
If only I could get my hands on a set of those...:)

I think John (Doward) may have a few extra sets pm him!

And you guys should really be sporting bigger breaks with that much power, I know those inadequate 1 piston calipers and undersized rotors can't handle a few runs to 140 and down.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
7Mboost;1280632 said:
And you guys should really be sporting bigger breaks with that much power, I know those inadequate 1 piston calipers and undersized rotors can't handle a few runs to 140 and down.

Amen to that. But since both of them do have stockish brakes (just aftermarket pads),
High speed runs usually mean to keep plenty of road ahead so they don't have to be so harsh on braking.

John, How well do the 13" brakes of yours generally clear 15" drag wheels out back?
Of course, with backspacing/offset to vary.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Boost Lee;1276652 said:
I've actually told BOTH of them before, but I think it's a mental note to some people that it's just going to eat your brakes. :biglaugh:

You've mentioned it a couple times now...
I take it this means you did it often with great results? ;)

BTW, I'm sure he'll chime in to mention it,...But on Ch.1 (15PSI), it now walks all over the road with the GT40.
Can't wait to feel it on Ch.2 & 3. :love:
I hear you're possibly coming up for Chicago this year? :)

Jeff

Hell yea, brake boosting makes a HUGE difference. I literally stood on the breaks while at WOT. That car will nearly hit full boost while brake boosting.

laggy high-hp car + brake boosting = unbeatable highway monster. :)

I'm still working on comming up to Chicago, I'll be a married man then.. so we'll seeeee. LOL.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Boost Lee;1280829 said:
Amen to that. But since both of them do have stockish brakes (just aftermarket pads),
High speed runs usually mean to keep plenty of road ahead so they don't have to be so harsh on braking.

John, How well do the 13" brakes of yours generally clear 15" drag wheels out back?
Of course, with backspacing/offset to vary.

They're just fronts, rears may be in the works though :)

They fit stock TT MKIV wheels with plenty of clearance but can fit the ribs in stock sawblades.

Hennessy- I took out a ~GT30 STI on 26 psi and meth a week ago, friend behind me said the ass end squatted and I took off. (I was only 15psi) :) :) :)

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Very impressive. Makes me wonder how my car is going to hold up. I really should upgrade my brakes though :(