2jz MK3 swap Exhaust Manifold/Turbo

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
I was just wondering which exhaust manifolds on the market would fit on this swap, 2JZ into an MK3 Supra. I was told that the wastegate does not fit on some manifolds in the MK3 engine bay.

I am going with a medium frame Garrett GT35R so I was wondering what exh manifold I should run.

Any suggestions?:biglaugh:

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
Exact same setup i will be running, the eBay single fold I got did not clear the frame rail, nor anything else for that matter (bolt holes weren't right).

Anyway i have my buddy doing all of my exhaust work and he cut the WG tube off and relocated it, so if you have a friend that can fabricate or a shop you can work on your car at its going to be a bit difficult..... regardless of the $$ you spend on the manifold initially.....

the mani i got was the vecco one, maybe the xspower onne will fit, but i dunno.

what is a medium frame gt35?

mine is the t4 flanged 3" vband with a hot side .82A/R.

-ian

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
In your case its a large frame T4 flange gt35 I guess, Im only looking at a medium frame T3 flange gt35r single slug conversion.

Do you have a custom piping for your F.M.I.C.?
What downpipe did you use and also what driveshaft are you using because I was told the stock 7Mgte would fit the 2JZgte MK3 Supra conversion? Im not too sure. Thanks for the 411...

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
as far as DP, i traded a friend that had a vband DP for my turbonetics (ct26 flanged) DP..... currently the DP is getting some custom fabbing done to it.

the stock DS works for the r154 conversion, i went with a one piece from jawsgear.com fit like a glove.

I am reusing a lot of my IC pipes from my old FFIM setup on my 7M, the pipes from the turbo are getting a little tweaking, the pipe that goes to the TB needs quite a bit of work due to the space limitations.

but im using 2.5" pipes all around w/ a 2.5>3" coupler on the TB, the compressor housing on the gt3582r is 2.5" so the pipe will be fine there.

why the t3 flanged gt? isnt that like a 62 a/r on the hot side?

-ian

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
Nice setup man. How $$$ was your gt35r :icon_surp slug?

I was just thinking about space limitations thats why I decided to go T3 Gt35r. Is there much of a difference in space?
Do you know if a side mount single turbo cast manifold will fit in this conversion 2jz mk3?

Oh ya what rear end are you using?

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
as far as rear end im using the stock turbo rear end gears.
as far as the space issue for the gt35, it all depends on the manifold I guess.

I would not recommend the one I got because of all the custom fabbing that will be required.

A tube style manifold may work, but the ebay ones are cheap enough to try out.... for me the wastegate dump had to be cut off and moved.

I bought my turbo from himniracing.com since they are local,
http://www.himni-racing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_27

but you are in cali so you should have no prob getting a GT.

Just have a lot of $$ saved, aside from the turbo you will spend an extra 1k w.o. even noticing it, and still have stuff you need to buy.

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
I really want to know how much power you guys will get out a 35r before I buy my turbo. i had a 42r ordered but canceled to think about it a little more. I'm so far from being done, it doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things. anyways cassio hurry up and get a dyno:biglaugh:

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
The gt35r is good for about 400-600 hp on the 2j depending on supporting mods.

Do you have the 2jz mounted in the mk3 chassis already? Which engine brackets and motor mounts are you using?

Im wondering about the 2jzgte to 7m wiring conversion? Any suggestions?

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
hardcharger i will be dynoing soon, everything is up and running.

Tonight i will be bleeding the clutch and installing the ma70 h20 temp sender.

jdmmk3, i am using custom engine mounts with the 87 square motor mounts.

here is an older pic with an eBay turbo i had initially.
dcp6472.jpg

* that is not the gt3582r.

As far as wiring let me know what you need help with...
it will take approx 20hrs+ to do the wiring, so if you have a ful schedule like I had during this build you will need a few weeks.

Also the wiring is a headache and a half and I had to take myself away from it often to avoid stressing out.