2jz mk3 intercooler/piping size?

jdmk3

2jzmk3
Mar 28, 2006
Walnut, CA
Just wondering what size fmic and piping I should run. I have a single turbo 2jzmk3 setup. I've heard that bar and plate fmic's are good...:icon_bigg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
jdmk3 said:
Just wondering what size fmic and piping I should run. I have a single turbo 2jzmk3 setup. I've heard that bar and plate fmic's are good...:icon_bigg

depends on what turbo, how much boost and how much you want to spend

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
yea, tube and fin intercoolers are horribly inneficient. any bar and plate with 3" inlet and outlets will do the job from what i've heard even the Ebay intercoolers are pretty good

89toy

Banned
Nov 10, 2006
10,000 lakes
it really depends on your sett up and your horse power goal to get the right piping for ur car. after market usally come in 2.25 or 2.5 inch piping.

2jzmk3

just do 3in all the way around, i mean be realistic, you ARE going to upgrade later.. jsut do it now to save yourself from doing it over in 6-8 months

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
89supturbo said:
yea, tube and fin intercoolers are horribly inneficient. any bar and plate with 3" inlet and outlets will do the job from what i've heard even the Ebay intercoolers are pretty good

Uhm - not really. Tube and fin intercoolers are, in some instances, more efficient and less prone to heat soak. However, they are not as durable and cant eat as many rocks.

And most of the ebay intercoolers suck. Look at the endtank design. How is the air going to get through the entire core? You should go with an intercooler that has better endtanks that distribute the airflow evenly across the core instead of shoving it through one section.