2jz into a 87T

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
Hey guys iam currently dropping a 2jz in my 87t. Who here has built there own motor mounts? If so do you have any pics? Measurements would be great. Iam definitely building my own. Iam cheap and I have all the nessasary tools available. Welders plasma cutters etc. I guess the most important thing I need to know is how much clearence do you guys have between you crossmember and oil pan. How low to put the engine in is my only problem at this point. If I could get that I would be golden.
I will post some pictures of my build soon and what I come up with.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
you should go to BICperformace.com

ask them, if they will let you know the dimensions of their product, then that is your best bet. it would feel wrong to measure my mounts i bought from them and tell you

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Not to be a douche to BIC, but on ebay theres a company that has made the same mounts and sell them for $110, appears to be of the same quality.

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
So i've run into a few problems. The transmission that came with the motor won't fit. It was supposed to be a matched pair. I unwrapped it and it has 94 supra a70 written on it. The bell housing seems to be completely different.
Another thing I have come across is my oil pan is hitting the crossmember. From reading I believe there is a front sump mid and rear of the 2jzgtee. I believe I have a mid. Will it work?

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
I know. O and it also had 1jzgte on it. Forgot to mention that. The transmission came from jdm exhange a yr ago. So I dont know if they would do anything for me.

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
I will let you know how my build goes FLMK3SUPRA. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic I will get one up. It looks like I have a mid. The transmission came from JDMexchange2005 on ebay. There website is jdmexchange.com. I have contacted them so I will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. I do have a r154 that was behind my turbo. I suppose I could try to find a used bellhousing for it. But we know that wont happen. I do have a bunch of stuff I would be willing to trade for one. I could make someone a heck of a deal. Then fill the holes and redrill my 7m flywheel to fit the 2jz. The flywheel would be the easy part.

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
Does anyone know off the top of there head which company offers the bellhousing to go from a r154 to the 2jz. I found it the other night but have lost the site.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
danysbanshee;951159 said:
Does anyone know off the top of there head which company offers the bellhousing to go from a r154 to the 2jz. I found it the other night but have lost the site.

Toyota. 1JZ bellhousing.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
if you look at the rest of my thread i actually list everything i needed for the swap ;) and price and usually from where. currently doing the swap into an sc300 as well feel free to pm me or aim: arba69 msn/email: arba69@hotmail.com

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
I have decided to go automatic. Iam going to pull a automatic out of a 94 lexus sc300 w/ a 2jzge. From all the searching I have done this transmission, flexplate and torque converter will bolt in.

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
Well guys, last night I took the transmission out of the lexus so I could put it behind my 2jz. After reading the following I believe iam just going to be robing the bellhousing off of it and putting in a automatic I have for a 7mgte. The ratio's will be right. It sounds like a better transmission. And also will be much easier to hook up. This text came from this site here:

http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=49

Why not drop in the A340E of the Twin Turbo
Good question! First of all for the people who don't understand this question: The A340E automatic transmission of the 2JZ-GTE is not the same as the A340E transmission of the 7M-GTE. (Hence the name I would say ;)
First of all there are minor differences like fluid usage; while the M series auto trannies use the same as the 2JZ-GE auto tranny (ATF Dexron II), the A340E transmission of the 2JZ-GTE uses ATF Type T-II, and one liter more (in total 8.2 liter).
Then the torque converter of the 2JZ-GTE is different; the stall torque ratio of the 2JZ-GE auto tranny is 1.9, the 2JZ-GTE is 2.0 and the 7M-GTE uses 2.1. Furthermore the 2JZ-GTE automatic transmission uses one more disc for the forward clutch (C1), namely 7 instead of 6.
So all together a little difference between the auto tranny of the 2JZ and the auto tranny of the M series. Let's see what the end gear ratio is, for the M series we have the end gear ratio the same as the manual; 3.727. For the JZ series we have an end gear ratio of 3.769. Wow, nearly a perfect fit. A little difference but not all too bad I would say.
Main questions to be answered will be: How are you going to fix the speed sensor for the ABS? How about the driveshaft, is it a bolt on or slide in? For what I have seen on the EPC program, I think the driveshaft is bolt on, just like the manual, but I could be wrong. As I'm going with the auto tranny on my 2JZ I tell you my considerations: I can upgrade my auto tranny to withstand 600 RWHP for less than 600 USD. So why would you bother using the auto tranny of the mkIV when you hear all this?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
the mkiii's transmissions are all slide in, as well as the SC300 (i actually just took off an sc300 W58 and it was slide in) the turbo version of the autos on the JZ engines are bolt on and they are different between the aristo bolt on and the MKIV (i think anyway, i saw a supra auto and it had a different output shaft although i mightve confused it with a v160... the aristo one i have has 3 bolts to the shaft unless they have a bushing thing like the sc300 does to the rear differential and it was just missing on my tranny)

danysbanshee

Jan 18, 2008
maine
So to keep this updated I was able to install my motor and auto transmission this weekend. Iam hoping by the end of the week I should have my driveshaft in and the radiator mounted.