2jz in mk3 heater core bypass?

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Just asking if anyone here have done a heater core bypass/delete on their mk3 with 2jz single platform. I don't want to cap off the water pipes so any guidance or pics will help.
Thanks.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
an update for the people looking into this, i found a molded hose at my local parts store that fits pretty good. you might be able to find something better if your store has alot of options. I used a Gates heater hose part# 19193.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
I guess it works for what you want it to do but I think what S.A. is getting at is that it's unsightly. I can understand you not needing a heater in FL but is it really worth having your nice shiney 2J growing a napa hose out of the back of it's head? I'm not a fan but in the PNW no one in their right mind would be bypassing their heater cores...

So long as it's working for you, that's all that matters!

Side note: nice write up on the shifter bushing install in your signature! Mine is sitting on my work bench waiting for me to figure out how the hell to install it. LMAO!

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
I regret that I removed the heater core in my JZX.

I was thinking - It's a motorsport car, Heater core will never be used.

And then the rain came during an event - And I didn't see anything due to my foggy windscreen.
No electric substitute can heat enough air to clear the windscreen - I'll never do that mistake again :)

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
i really don't like the look of it but the other option it to cap it off which can probably cause issues with overheating.
i just have to see how it looks once installed in the supra.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Correct. Do not cap it off, It makes the engine harder to vent and affects the cooling inside the engine.