2JZ in A70/20, intercooler plumbing options.

kemicalx

BHGBTDT
Dec 12, 2005
Geelong, Vic
Hi all,

I have an MZ20 Soarer with an Aristo 2jz/A340le conversion. Currently it has an elcheapo universal intercooler/plumbing kit installed which I despise because:

Firstly the hot side runs through the original air cleaner intake hole next to the right head light necessitating the need for a pod filter in the engine bay instead (Fail)

The cold side first makes a sharp 90 degree turn down between the radiator shroud, PAS pump and AC compressor requiring me to remove the standard 6" thermo fan (Fail #2), then drops so far out the bottom that it scrapes on any dip in the road (Fail #3)

I am relocating the battery to the boot to free up space in the front left of the engine bay, but even this still requires me to cut some sheet metal out which is undesirable.

Will factory JZA70 piping allow me to plumb up to a 2JZ without major modifications and thus allow the use of the factory 7M air cleaner. I'm not completely opposed to drastic modifications like the cutting and beating of sheet metal but much prefer the idea of running neat factory Toyota stuff instead.

Ideas and photos would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks all.