2JZ-GTE Supra & Aristo Difference

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Found this online after searching the difference between the two that are usually discussed on the forums. Thought it would be helpful to share this information.

Being relatively new to the scene, compared to a lot of you out there, I started gathering information a while ago, on the two main sources for 2JZ-GTE's for conversation, and thought I'd share it all.

Below are a few notes about each engine, and the main difference between them. Undoubtedly, some information may be wrong, or out, and hence why this is a discussion board.

I've also found pin-outs for both Aristo and Supra looms, which hopefully can be used for the conversions. Again, I'm not sure if they are right or wrong, so please, discuss

Similarities (JDM Only, US Spec are different, but not usually imported )

Same

Turbo (CT20A's)
Block
Internals
Injectors (430cc's)
Gearboxes (Box's from each model will bolt to the other, but obviously some are better than others)
TB

Main difference between the Aristo and Supra;

Sump (Supra : Mid/Rear, Aristo : Front)
Front and rear water pump housing

Aristo used a hydraulic fan and pump, where the Supra is a viscous clutch.

Plenum
Only a minor difference, on top of the plenum, the Aristo's don't have a vacuum line connection from the booster. (E-boost)
Some models seem to have the connection, but its 'different'.

(Side Note; Wonder what difference it makes for the Supra...???)

BOV/Wastegate
Actuator located engine side of Turbo's (Supra is reversed)
Vent mounted slightly different.

Few things I’m not sure about;

Exhaust Manifolds (Would assume so)
Sump Oil Pickups (No idea , but seem to be)
Turbo Oil Lines (Maybe confirmed?)

Now, onto the ECU/Loom Pin-outs

Firstly, the Aristo.
These are insanely hard to find, I managed to grab information of various sites and some files from an FTP, and haven’t had a chance to check over them, but would seem to be good.
Also found a diagram from someone who started to work it out from scratch.
Quick look over both and they seem to coincide.

See attachments.
Let me know if they are wrong, so they can be changed.

Hope this comes in handy for someone.

Thanks to all how have or are helping with the collation of data.

Added the Supra Wiring harness files. Fairly large and contains a whole heap of stuff.
Ive put the files up on rapidshare and added all the older stuff as some have had issues.

Aristo ECU
http://rapidshare.com/files/51595481...ECUextract.pdf

Arista Pinout
http://rapidshare.com/files/51602484..._TT_Pinout.jpg

Supra ECU Pinout
http://rapidshare.com/files/51596373...SDM___JDM_.xls

Supra Body Wiring - All Plugs (8mb)
http://rapidshare.com/files/51600547/Supra_Wiring.zip

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
All Aristo motors I have seen have the vacuum port and that is where most, if not all, JDM 2JZ come from.

The turbo lines and stuff all are the same between the JDM 2JZ and USDM 2JZ when it comes to lines and drains. If you are talking about the wheels, the USDM is better but Albert is the guy to go to that as he has them all at his disposal.

Manifolds and all those things are interchangeable between the USDM and JDM. They all have the same bolt patterns.

USDM and JDM 2JZ have different sizes of injectors, 440 for JDM, 550 USDM.

I am currently working on a section like this to add to the JZ swap thread that will list differences between the 2JZ as the 1JZ and 2JZ differences have been well ironed out.

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
IBoughtASupra;1813313 said:
All Aristo motors I have seen have the vacuum port and that is where most, if not all, JDM 2JZ come from.

The turbo lines and stuff all are the same between the JDM 2JZ and USDM 2JZ when it comes to lines and drains. If you are talking about the wheels, the USDM is better but Albert is the guy to go to that as he has them all at his disposal.

Manifolds and all those things are interchangeable between the USDM and JDM. They all have the same bolt patterns.

USDM and JDM 2JZ have different sizes of injectors, 440 for JDM, 550 USDM.

I am currently working on a section like this to add to the JZ swap thread that will list differences between the 2JZ as the 1JZ and 2JZ differences have been well ironed out.

Thanks for the input! I've been trying to find threads where some, if not all info can be posted regarding the swap and differences. I am still in Afghanistan :3d_frown: and having access to the internet is impossible at times because it feels like a gerbil on a wheel is running the bandwidth. Either way, I try to find what I can when I can lol :icon_bigg I plan on doing my swap and possibly buying my brother a MKIII as a college graduation gift, granted he has a few more years to go. As for my 7M after it's out, I really don't know what to do with it... Possible swap it into a MKII? Either way I hope this thread stays alive, it can grow to be helpful :D