2JZ-GTE in my Z3

///Mpower

BOOSTED
Jun 22, 2005
ku8
www.egytuner.com
here is my full list of wut i'll buy..and if i'm missing any thing please update me guys..and if u know sumthing better or cheaper than any item i worte please guide me...

* HPS Clutch kit up to 800hp...877$
*HKS cam gears...290$ both
*HKS Timing belt...141$
*HKS Cams...430$ both
*Titan Crank Pulley...495$
*Intake Mainfold Full Kit..1050$ ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...=p4506.c0.m245 ) tell me wut u think.
*Mishimoto Rad...388$
*Turbo Mainfold...270$ ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2JZGT...=p4506.c0.m245 ) tell me wut u think.
*Turbonetics GT-K 650...1720$
*Haltech E8 ECU...1260$
*Blitz 850cc...996$
*Boost logic timing belt bracket...315$
*Gredyy Pulley Set...323$
*RPS C-N-RG Segmented Flywheel...500$ (or the fidanza is better)

Guys...please think with me and tell me if there is sumthing cheaper and good also..is there anything i'm missing?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Make sure to read up on the diff mounting location for the Z3. They had a serious problem of the subframes cracking and the mounting points being torn off the trunk floor. This is at STOCK power levels.

There are ways to cure this problem but the kits are VERY expensive and doing it yourself is highly labour intensive.

Very cool project. Good luck.

RGW LLC

Nov 1, 2008
Buffalo
did you get the car to run?? or you still need to do the wiring....becuase one of my friend here is thinking about doing the same thing to his Z3

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
RazoE;1154078 said:
There's already a 2JZ Vette, it's on youtube...

There's also a 1967 camaro with a 2j (its so sexy), but the list goes on and on, 2j s13's, s14's, e36 3 series (sedan and coupe) rx-7's, skylines and even mustang's

but more to the point, if your car has a 5 speed manual then it's either a w58 from the naturally aspirated MK4 or an R154 from a 1JZ powered MK3, from what I've seen neither transmission can handle much more than 600hp. As for your wiring issue go to bimmerforums, you may have already seen this (I actually saw your car on there last week) but theres a guy in the engine conversions section thats swapping a 1jz into an e36 318, his name on there is armyboot, I'm not sure how much the two engines have in common as far as wiring goes but he might be able to help you.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Its funny how so many don't know the potention of the 2JZ but I guess this is more of a MK3 site. Ok well on stock internals your top end is good up to around 700whp(restricted with your cams,valves,etc..) bottom end with perfect tune good up to around 1000whp. What you'll need for your top end is bigger cams, I would have the head ported,polished, and go with 1mm over valves. For more questions just ask me. I know quite a bit having a MK4. I know the twins are good up to 500whp. Anything over that come on man your Z3 wont be streetable at all. Unless your only planning on Drag racing it.Oh yeah and get all new rubber and hard pipes for your intercooler. The rubber on your motor looks old and that rubber coupler on you t/b wont stay on under boost.

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
^^^agreed.

And to your parts list... Get it running first!!! Leave the twins everything. Once you've debugged what are actually bugs and not rich conditions/out of tune aspects of being modified. Take my word as one speaking from experience.

Also, you need to find out what tranny you have. If it is a R154, it's a pull clutch and you should NOT get a clutch kit with a heavy duty pressure plate. You may want to splurge and go twin disk. If you have a W58, it's a push type like almost everything in the world. That tranny can't hold as much but it shifts hella smoother. I don't like the way the shifter feels in a MK4 though,,, feels rubbery.

I edited your list. one site for you Driftmotion.com

///Mpower;1158608 said:
* HPS Clutch kit up to 800hp...877$ like I said above no heavy pressure plate singles. It may lead to Crank walk.
*HKS cam gears...290$ both DON"T get the older style ones. They will wear out fast and your belt will skip and you'll cry. the new ones were made of derilium or something.
*HKS Timing belt...141$ if you must
*HKS Cams...430$ both after you get it running. And don't go for BC cams. I've heard bad Customer service/etc.
*Titan Crank Pulley...495$ There's also an ATI one. This would be a must if you like to beat your engine to death.
*Intake Mainfold Full Kit..1050$ ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...=p4506.c0.m245 ) tell me wut u think. You could have one made from your stock intake runners for cheaper. But to it's function, shorter intake runners mean less torque... just something to consider. Bigger intake does mean more power though. I thinks after you rethink your project a second, you'll probably see it as over kill.
*Mishimoto Rad...388$ some people use an aftermarket rad for a 240sx and the top hose sits directly in front of the water neck off the block. Then they cut the water neck so it point forward and vwalla! cleaner look and easier access to the belt tensioner.
*Turbo Mainfold...270$ ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2JZGT...=p4506.c0.m245 ) tell me wut u think. everyone does the ebay mani. seems to be a good way to fly
*Turbonetics GT-K 650...1720$ Im unfamilar with turbo codes. I just know sizes and configurations. T66 is usually the largest streetable turbo. T60-1 is stock like in power and spool (I'm running one for drift). Ballbearing/Dualballbearing turbos spool slightly quicker and lil bit more power at peak, but wear out quicker than the traditional floater bearing thingy. Also, water cooled is not necessary... may be for dual BB turbos.
*Haltech E8 ECU...1260$ I would go for something you or someone local can tune. Probably AEM for most people/areas. I'm going with the rare and pimp PowerFC (i like stock smoothnicity)
*Blitz 850cc...996$ IDK
*Boost logic timing belt bracket...315$ You don't need it.
*Gredyy Pulley Set...323$ Driftmotion has a set for like $50-70, but if you must have blue anodized then go for it
*RPS C-N-RG Segmented Flywheel...500$ (or the fidanza is better) Driftmotion sells one for the R154. I can't see your pics so I don't know what tranny you have.

Guys...please think with me and tell me if there is sumthing cheaper and good also..is there anything i'm missing?

Also, you haven't even listed gauges and a fuel pump or other stuff. Gauges are stupid expensive. That's one reason I went with powerFC, I can monitor the other crap that I'd a spunt too much on and been stuck with a wackass piggyback AFC. You should consider that when you buy your standalone too.

Lastly, sorry if I've mistaken your noobishness for lack tuning prowess. You could just be very unfamilar with toyota stuff, but all I see is that you stuck the motor in and play with the stock motor and read stuff and have an overkill wish list this is what I know of your ability. Hugs.