2JZ-GTE in my Z3

///Mpower

BOOSTED
Jun 22, 2005
ku8
www.egytuner.com
Well first..i'd like to say to the admins i'm sorry for posting big pictures..i really don't know how to resize them.So sorry again.

Hi guys,

Hope every one is ok and every thing is going good...i have a Z3 and i swapped in it a 2j engine..i've always been into bimmers...but i decided to tune my s52 and hell it was way to expensive...so i read and i found that the 2j is cheaper to tune..well i don't want to change the stock internals...so what are the max things ican do with my stock internals and how many hp i can reach and wut do i need...please guys help me and i don't need any one saying search the forum and read more and stuff like that..please help cuz i need to understand...thanks to all.

20a49ds.jpg

117czdz.jpg

29mrimp.jpg

n313xf.jpg

30wuo7l.jpg

2211dz.jpg

zko9hu.jpg

2uohxsw.jpg

ankgus.jpg

eirpj6.jpg

2r3azbn.jpg

2z9a0xt.jpg

9kv9d2.jpg

2m0o6o.jpg

t5hdle.jpg

16ge7vt.jpg

2dqvmgy.jpg

29cm5fs.jpg

id9na8.jpg

2imakb4.jpg

guys tell me wut u think...and if u can see any thing that needs work please tell me cuz i'm new to 2j...and the wiring is a mess...so if i used a stand alone...will all this shit be removed? if any one see any thing or has any idea or info please guys post it..and if the car is crap tell me i dun mind..cuz it's a project and i need it to work

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I wish I had some advice for you, but that is way over my head. We have people on here that specialize in EMS so maybe one of them can chime in. You may have to send a private message to one of them and see if they have any suggestions. Have you tried any local shops that maybe has an electrical genius working for them? Good luck man.
There is a guy on here that just posted a video of his Mazda Rx7 at the dragstrip. His car has a 2jzgte in it so maybe he can offer you some advice.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81801

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Wow a 2JZ in a Z3. People are putting the 2JZ in anything these days. I wonder then the 2JZ powered Corvette is coming.

Quite the rats nest up there in the corner. Next thing to do is find a 2JZ wire diagram and start tracing and hooking up the wires. For starters you just might want to use the OEM ECU then once everything is running good then look into a EMU.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Sweet car for sure. (I have an e36 M3). Can't help you too much, but I can certainly offer you some suggestions:

1) check out www.bimmerforums.com. They have an entire section based on engine conversions. There is a guy in there with a 1jz in his e36 3 series. Considering the z3 and e36 3 series share many of the same components, it's likely that he would be of great assistance to you considering the 1jz and 2jz are very similar motors.

Bimmerforums.com 1jz into an e36 3 series:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775308

2) Also check out our 1jz/2jz/other engine section here, I'm sure there's information in there that could help you out.

Supramania's other engine tech section:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Stock diff shouldn't be a problem, but if it's held in place like the e36, he'll likely go through diff bolts like crazy. (Front mounted bolt that holds it to the subframe tends to snap)

///Mpower

BOOSTED
Jun 22, 2005
ku8
www.egytuner.com
guys..i'm going for a single turbo setup..cuz the twinz r too messy and takin a lot of space and i need some space in the engine bay...wut is realy making my mind busy is the wirring...it's a mess...but i want to ask if i used a haltech stan alone...will all this wirring be removed and only the stand alone harness will be there...or still the messy thing will be kept...and i don't want to change the internals for now..and i want to reach the max safe hp(daily driven) on stock internals...and for the Stock diff it can take till 800 hpz..i saw 800hp cars with the Stock Mpower diff.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
///Mpower;1154929 said:
bigaaron...wut do u mean by posting the pic? is a small intercooler

I just thought it was funny that the intercooler actually has a big "JDM" logo on it when it was probably manufactured in China. It's kind of an inside joke, not making fun of you or anything, and there's nothing wrong with it. :icon_bigg

///Mpower

BOOSTED
Jun 22, 2005
ku8
www.egytuner.com
no aaron i know u weren't makin fun of me..but i thought sumthin was wrong with it...any wayz i sent u an e-mail lastnight but i didn't get a reply yet...hope u reply me soon...cheers!

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
///Mpower;1154892 said:
guys..i'm going for a single turbo setup..cuz the twinz r too messy and takin a lot of space and i need some space in the engine bay...wut is realy making my mind busy is the wirring...it's a mess...but i want to ask if i used a haltech stan alone...will all this wirring be removed and only the stand alone harness will be there...or still the messy thing will be kept...and i don't want to change the internals for now..and i want to reach the max safe hp(daily driven) on stock internals...and for the Stock diff it can take till 800 hpz..i saw 800hp cars with the Stock Mpower diff.

ive heard 2j internals handle 1000hp, but thats just what ive heard.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
//Mpower

curious as to why the 2jz an not stick with the e series motor as those heads flow a HELL of alot more efficently than the 2jz head does?

BTW I also lurk those forums ;)