2JZ-GE head + 1JZ-GTE block = ????? NO 56K!

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Well, here's the 2JZ-GE head on the 1JZ-GTE block. I figured I had the two pieces why not make a motor with it? The 1JZ head is going on the GE block. We used ARP head Studs, and the bottom end is stock. My more recent post on Page 2 talks about the issue we're having finishing this. You can see the water recirc port on the exhaust side of the head. I want to plug it up, others think that would be a bad idea.... Anyway.... :)

p434359_1.jpg

p434359_2.jpg

The manifold is an Ebay one in the pic, I'm using a Boostlogic 2JGE manifold and Tial WG. 74mm Comp TBB w/ ETT, .84 housing(custom turbo).

Injectors: 880cc, Magnafuel 625 external.

The Stinger went in the other car. This car's getting a Haltec Ek6. This motor will power my 83 Supra L-type, Jawsgear True-Track and one piece steel driveshaft through a R-154 Transmission. ACT pressure plate, feramic six puck.

I don't even know what this swap is called. Basically, it's another JZ engine so I said why not.

What do ya'll think?

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll be driving to anniston and getting a ride when you get them finished. I ordered my cams from Zazzn today. Hopefully they will come in pretty soon. Have you got yours yet?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
The cams will be in tomorrow!!!!! I can't wait to finally put the 1.5JZ together!

Dude, when it's done I'll meet you at Walker Dynotune ;)

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
That's freakin awesome! One sidenote, you can use a stock 7m CPS as your 24 tooth trigger wheel! It fits right on the 2jz-ge head! A lot of the 2jz na-t guys do that for the AEM standalones. Nice to see the Stinger on a cool project like that!

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Aaron, I have to use my Megasquirt II for this one, as the Stinger is already planned for my 87 1.5JZ w/K-26 twins. I need the two step for my 87 ;)

Edit: We changed our mind.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
2jz head on a 1jz Block?
I think this was discussed on Supraforums before. It maybe a direct bolt on, but you have too check the water holes and other stuff like that which don't seem to line up.
I am pretty sure I read about it there.

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
Woweee... ::w00t:: dang boy, you got SOME time on your hands huh. Thats awesome, please keep up with the update, a vid of this thing running would be something! :boobs:

How about 2.1JZ = 2jz-ge head, 1jz-gte block.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
The headgaskets nearly match as far as coolant holes go. The 1JZ-GTE head gasket does NOT have secondary holes for coolant on some areas vs. the 2JZ-GE gasket having more (just one more 3mm hole.....). However, the 1JZ-GTE lives on this, and the 2JZ-GE head will too.

Also, the back timing cover needs to have exactly 2 cm cut from the lower right AND left side of the rear timing cover (cut it perfectly horizontal) and it will fit perfect, and you use the 1JZ-GTE bottom timing cover, and the 2JZ-GE mid and top covers. You have to use the GE waterpump too for the head which I think I mentioned before. The water recurculating fitting needs to be modified again, 2cm, and the angle has to change. We are going custom with a U-bend piece, and modify a flange for the head. Not too difficult, I'll post more on that later.

You also have to swap the accessory tensioners.

Pictures coming later. I also have to modify my custom JZ-MK2 motor mounts a tad as they touch the turbo manifold, but that's such an EASY fix. The mounts were made using the stock 1JZ turbos, but like I said, it's no problem ;)

Pictures coming later tonight. We're waiting on the UPS guy to deliver my cams.... It's 5:50PM..... waiting game.