2JZ cressida

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
so i swaped out my 7MGE for a 2JZGE via R154 on my '91 cressida. currently using 7MGE electronis on the new motor. my O2 sensor is not hooked up yet and nor have i set the timing yet.took it for a drive couple of times.i don't think i can justify saying the swap was worth doing. it still feels just as slow as the mis-firing 7MGE that i took out. i had the same R154 behind the 7MGE before and it felt just as quick as the 4spd auto. i mean going from 190hp to 225hp is pretty significant and i think i should be able to notice the difference,right? so what the hell is going on with my swap? or was i expecting too much of the 2JZ? maybe i should connect the O2 sensor and do the timing and see if makes any difference. i got another stock cressida that i can bet a million dollars will smoke my swaped cressida at a light or from a roll.

Last edited:

aaron_arthur

Jul 30, 2008
London
You really should set your timing and hook everything up so its running right before you think to bad of the 2jz as i have heard they are well worth the swap.

Aaron

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
kaifiji;1283711 said:
yea, i was thinking the same thing. maybe i should do that before opening my mouth,yea?

Dude.chief.....haven't I been telling you the same thing about that timing IN PERSON?? and those O2 sensors?? or are you going to wait until you screw this engine up before you set the timing? what gives man?? :icon_evil

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
dude, tried putting double washers on the power steering line, still leaks like a bitch, its all wet under my car now

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
there's no banjo dude. its like the regular fitting at the steering rack and pinion. i need the right size copper washer i think

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Narial Ke Tell Use Karo. ;)

But yea bud. Set the timing, (i'd have used the 2JZ Electronics).

Also if it's leaking from the rack try taking it out and using thread sealant and a copper washer.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Zumtizzle;1283819 said:
Narial Ke Tell Use Karo. ;)

But yea bud. Set the timing, (i'd have used the 2JZ Electronics).

Also if it's leaking from the rack try taking it out and using thread sealant and a copper washer.

Dude..he has already screwed up like 5 copper washers..he does need ANriyal ke tel... lol for something else....kaise baath chief?? :biglaugh:

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
yeah, i would have 2JZ electronics if it wasn't for someone;)...maybe i should just put some saliva around the threads...lol

Zumtizzle, when you gona swing by this way?

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
so i re-did my wire harness. turns out one of my fuel injector wires was messed up. well, test drove it again. well, now i am really impressed with the 2JZ.it pulls pretty hard compared to before. obviously am comparing it now to how it was driving before. so now my concern is, how do i know if i have reached the full potential of a stock 2JZ? i mean, just because its driving way better, does it mean its at its best?

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i hope youre not planning on staying n/a.
go na-t and then youll truly be impressed. i still remember the first time i hit full boost on my 1j after swapping from 7mge
holy !#$#