2jz corolla drag car new track video on page 3

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
Well its not a supra but i think a few of you guys and gals might like it. My friend and I have a small part-time performance shop and this is the shop car. The owner is my friends dad. Its a win win situation he buys the parts we build the car and we all have fun. Last year with a similar set up the cars best was a 8.9? @163mph. So we decided to go a little faster. So pop decided to go all out and this time I will document it for you guy to enjoy.

well first thing first. This is the car we call it ''El Viejo'' that spanish for the old one.
p1090590_1.jpg

The short block is an SP 3.2L
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sitting in engine bay
sm_photo_missing.jpg

fuel pumps
sm_photo_missing.jpg

intake manifold.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

turbo manifold.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Almost thier
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New Turbo BB.
p1090590_2.jpg

a short video of start up. Sorry for the quality of video it was taken on my cell phone. will have better video later.
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/mk3less/?action=view&current=VIDEO_015.flv

Last edited:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
perfect man. That engine sits there like it belonged from the start lol. How much fab work was needed to get the engine to sit in there? More shots inside the engine bay would be great.
Moe

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
thanks alot. I will have more pic up soon and some nubers by next week

suprastanger507mgte;1090619 said:
perfect man. How much fab work was needed to get the engine to sit in there?
Moe

The fire wall was modify to fit the GM trans.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
minor transmission tunnel mods lol :) What about motor mounts? I remember seeing someone on toyota3tc.com saying a 1jz came close to bolting up to the stock engine mount tabs on the subframe.

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
dok33;1091566 said:
minor transmission tunnel mods lol :) What about motor mounts? I remember seeing someone on toyota3tc.com saying a 1jz came close to bolting up to the stock engine mount tabs on the subframe.

yes it does.But since this is an all drag car we use custom solid motor mounts. I will try to get some pic of it tomorrow.

plus is nice to get to the trans without a firewall in the way.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Where in mass are you located, that looks like one hell of a drag car and I would love to see it closer up and help if you need anything.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
L O L

Modified firewall and tunnel... more like NOTHING LEFT :rofl:

As long as you have traction, that's going to be one hell of a ride...

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
thanks guys. we have dyno schedual for this sat. we are taking 5 car that we did. we are expecting numbers north of 800hp.I will let you guys know how we did and i will have some vids.