2JZ AEM EMS into 1JZ Fuel Questions

aled

Apr 11, 2011
Chesterfield, MO
First and foremost, thank you in advance of any insight on this issue.

Setup:
- 2JZ AEM EMS
- Jumper Harness
- 1JZGTE, non-VVTi
- 680cc High Impedance Injectors

The engine runs, terribly on the factory ECU due to the large fuel injectors. When, I tried to start the engine on the AEM EMS, it never turned over for more than a split second.

I did some more research finding that the 2JZ and 1JZ differ in their fuel injection. I followed the thread that regarded this subject: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?6687-2JZ-AEM-EMS-install-write-up-for-JZA70&

As I understood, the Black/Orange power wire connected to 1 wire on each injector. Then the other wire was ran directly to the AEM unit for signal. At that point the engine would run off Sequential injection instead of Batch.

Wired the signal to the following pins: 15B-20B (Injector 6-1) respectively. When I went to crank the engine over for testing, the injectors remained OPEN and flooded the engine.

What am I missing?
I'd greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
the 1jz harness has the injectors grouped into 3 pairs. Did you run individual wires for each injector back to the aem unit?

aled

Apr 11, 2011
Chesterfield, MO
RockPaperSwoRD;1720668 said:
the 1jz harness has the injectors grouped into 3 pairs. Did you run individual wires for each injector back to the aem unit?

Yes.
Ran 6 total wire back to the AEM. Is this the incorrect method?

aled

Apr 11, 2011
Chesterfield, MO
RockPaperSwoRD;1721602 said:
That is how I have mine jumped on my harness, it works. Maybe your injector phasing in AEM is incorrect?
That's what I'm thinking. I'll have to look in AEM Pro and see what I can find. Thank you^^

Can anyone else confirm this or have any insight on my issue?