2jz a340e to 7mg/gte

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
this is for the auto tranny right?
Drunk medic knows a lot about the 2jz, so he should be able to help more. im still learning

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Alright - you want to use a 2JZ-GTE's A340E on a 7M-GTE, to replace the 7M's auto tranny [to hold more power, better?]?

The bellhousings should be the same - those will swap over. I am pretty sure you will do a partial disassembly of both transmissions and swap a few parts over.
This will entail putting the MkIII's input/output shafts in the MkIV transmission, and changing some sort of speed sending unit. I haven't done this, but I can point you to a place with alot of information about A340E's.
http://www.supras.nl/view.php?page=modsTransmission2JZMA7.htm

Arnout is the MAN!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
So...if it's possible to switch the auto tranny's, is a 6-speed swap from an MKIV also possible?

No, the 6-speed on the 7M is not feasible. The bellhousing bolt pattern would be incorrect, as would be the flywheel to crank bolts [7M crank=6-bolt pattern, JZ crank=8-bolt pattern]

The 1JZ and 2JZ blocks have the same bolt pattern for the bellhousing, so the 6-speed could be used on a JZ engine.

The A340E is offered in the MkIII and MkIV automatic tranny models. The MkIV model holds more fluid and has one more clutch pack, as well as other goodies. They still share many characteristics.
They can be swapped, but it's not a direct bolt-up/drop-in affair. Read the link I gave above for more information.

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
If the 2JZ auto doesn't work out for you, I know the 1JZ auto works well.

There are a couple of us here that run the 1JZ auto, and it's noticeably more firm, and it's also built to handle more power.

Good luck!

Brian

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
LOLOLOL

the 1jz auto has features which you definitely don't want, esp when power levels are coming up, so you get rid of those features.. then the 1jz trannie lasts a total of a week and can handle one 3000rpm launch
we have eaten 8 1jz auto transmissions, 2 7m

we've had a 7m one in there for a while now.. seems to be taking 450rwhp for now... but we will never put a 1jz one back in heheee

what i wanna know bout the 2j trannie swap...
can we just apply the applicable wires to the 2j auto ecu and run it that way or is there something else i'm missing?