2jz A/C question

moby03

Aug 13, 2006
Bronx, NY
I would like to know if i will have any issues using my a/c without the factory a/c fans? Will i have any overheating problems? I have yet to test it cause im just a little worried.

AlterEgo

Mar 8, 2012
Sugar Land
When i ran AC on my 1jz mk3 6 years ago, I did not have any sort of ac fan. I converted my motor to the clutch fan setup from the USDM TT 2jz and i drove it like that for about 20k miles in brutal texas heat with the ac blasting. No problems what so ever.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Should be okay to run without 'em, but U should always keep an eye on your temps (looking over your shoulder)... I'd recommend that you run w/o 'em for a bit and see how it goes... starts to overheat, just turn the A/C off and go install the fans or get some aftermarket one(s). Mine still kick-on here in Texas, but I dunno if the temps woulda changed if they hadn't.

Good luck!

moby03

Aug 13, 2006
Bronx, NY
thanks for the advice. i just had a 2jz swap done in my car and because ofthe intercooler pipe being mounted so close to the radiator i was unable to put the 2 ac fans back on when i got the car back. I'll just have to try it one day and see what happens. thankx again for the advice guys.

moby03

Aug 13, 2006
Bronx, NY
AlterEgo;1826165 said:
When i ran AC on my 1jz mk3 6 years ago, I did not have any sort of ac fan. I converted my motor to the clutch fan setup from the USDM TT 2jz and i drove it like that for about 20k miles in brutal texas heat with the ac blasting. No problems what so ever.

and u were only using a clutch fan with that setup. no a/c fans?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
The A/C helper fans are supposed to come on when the A/C pressure(?) gets to a certain point. So, even if not overheating, the A/C may not blow as cold 'cause not enuff air is being pulled through condensor. I relocated my battery, so that I could keep 'em as well as deal with a couple of other swap issues. When I was running 7M, I made it so that they were always on, as my BHG deterrent.