Votes: 20 95.2%
  • 2JZGTE(vvti)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
so i made up my mind bout going true twins...but another question come in mind. should i do the 1st generation 2JZ(non-vvti) or the 2nd generation 2JZ(vvti)? talked to some guyz, they reconmend 1st gen coz its easier to modify and less wiring.

i was thinking vvti because my ride is blue and will match the valve cover on them vvti's

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
kaifiji said:
so i made up my mind bout going true twins...but another question come in mind. should i do the 1st generation 2JZ(non-vvti) or the 2nd generation 2JZ(vvti)? talked to some guyz, they reconmend 1st gen coz its easier to modify and less wiring.

i was thinking vvti because my ride is blue and will match the valve cover on them vvti's

VVTi is going to cost you a alot more. Not only will it cost more but the level of support offered is very slim. Here in the states not too many know how to really make them work as they should and the engine in itself is weaker starting with light and less robust rods.

Stick to first gen. You wont be dissappointed. IMHO

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I think the GTE VVti rods are still quite strong.. as stong as the non vvtis... the GE vvti rods are weak though..

Non vvti is much easier to swap in though.. Not much benefit of the vvti for the price

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
tissimo said:
I think the GTE VVti rods are still quite strong.. as stong as the non vvtis... the GE vvti rods are weak though..

Non vvti is much easier to swap in though.. Not much benefit of the vvti for the price
Nah, the rods are different, My friend did 702rwhp on a VVti and bent the rod. That wouldn't of happened on a Non VVti.
Visually different too. You hold them side by side and they are 2jz rods on the Jenny Craig diet.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
kaifiji said:
dead serious...plus no one(i think) has done this swap before so i wana be the 1st.

Why would you seriously think of picking the engine because the valve cover is the same color as your car?

And sorry to say, you will not be the first to put a VVTi 2J in your MK3.

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
OneJoeZee said:
And sorry to say, you will not be the first to put a VVTi 2J in your MK3.

it's going in my cressida....like my last one
p672171_1.jpg