2j wont start

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Ok... Sigh... I have a few things that's wrong... 1st of all the CEL don't work dont know why so I can't pull codes... 2nd of all, now I don't have spark..I just got my ignter that I bought from ebay so I popped it in and tried starting it but no spark... How could I check to see if the igniter is any good or not? 3rd of all on my last thread I posted about the drive shaft, I had an N/A 5spd tranny and they yolk is different so now I have the right one now how to I change that out... Thanks... Pictures of how to solve my problems would be really appreciative... Thaniks again guys....

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Ok. I think I found out my problem, on the B1 plug for the 7m there is a B-R (heavy gauge wire) wire that goes to the COR isn't connected so could that be the reason why my CEL don't work? Second of all preventing me from having spark too cuz it's connected also to the ECU?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
The COR is for the fuel pump and doesn't deal with the ecu or spark. I would assume your harness is wired wrong, and the ECU isn't coming on.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
tissimo;1520653 said:
The COR is for the fuel pump and doesn't deal with the ecu or spark. I would assume your harness is wired wrong, and the ECU isn't coming on.

Then why wouldn't my CEL work? Isn't that connected to the EFI main relay as well as the COR?? I've checked my wiring and the CEL is connected to the 2jz's ecu. If I'm not mistaken its the Purple and yellow wire that connects to the M1's plug that is Grey and green... I can't even check for codes which is getting me frustrated and all... I just need to get that working so I could diagnose what the main problem is...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
AZN MK3;1520903 said:
Then why wouldn't my CEL work? Isn't that connected to the EFI main relay as well as the COR?? I've checked my wiring and the CEL is connected to the 2jz's ecu. If I'm not mistaken its the Purple and yellow wire that connects to the M1's plug that is Grey and green... I can't even check for codes which is getting me frustrated and all... I just need to get that working so I could diagnose what the main problem is...

If you've verified that the CEL wire is connected correctly to the ecu and nothing is working. Either the Diagnostics wires are messed up(wiring error), the ecu is bad, or the ECU isn't powering on (wiring error).

Verify the ECU is powering on first, make sure you have the wiring for the main relay correct, you have 12v where you need (with key off and on). Check to see if the ECU is providing 5V where it should (a way to check if the ecu is powering on). If the ECU is on and everything else (wiring) checks out and the CEL still isn't working, the ecu is bad.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
tissimo;1521029 said:
If you've verified that the CEL wire is connected correctly to the ecu and nothing is working. Either the Diagnostics wires are messed up(wiring error), the ecu is bad, or the ECU isn't powering on (wiring error).

Verify the ECU is powering on first, make sure you have the wiring for the main relay correct, you have 12v where you need (with key off and on). Check to see if the ECU is providing 5V where it should (a way to check if the ecu is powering on). If the ECU is on and everything else (wiring) checks out and the CEL still isn't working, the ecu is bad.

ok I've checked the power and ground to the ecu... It's good. I have 5V's coming from the map sensor, and cam angle sensors but still no CEL.. So I'm guessing the ecu is bad... :-( Well thanks for the help I guess I'll have to go from there then...