2j to 1j swap questions

supra_man_89

Mar 12, 2010
NC
Let me start by saying that I am not a complete noob, but sort of close to it. I owned several mk3 cars, but lost interest few years back. I bought a jdm 2jzgte powered5 speed car from a guy that may still post here. Turns out the car was a pos. I, (not trying to screw him) sold it to a coworker/friend, and the motor developed a bad knock. I agreed to help him fix it, and considering the shoddy workmanship of the swap, we decided the best and cheapest course of action would be to install a 1jzgte. The car was setup on 1j electronics, and ran good until the motor went. My questions are:

1) Is Tiger JDM still gtg as far as getting the 1j? They had a good rep last I heard but that was years ago. Is there a better source now?

2)These engines are getting pretty old sitting in bone yards. Besides obvious stuff, belts, hoses, plugs etc., what stuff should we replace prior to installing the 1j?

3) I believe that since a JDM 2j was used, the 1j should swap in basically plug and play. Am I correct? Can we use the 2j injectors to our benefit?

Thanks in advance.

I got my 1JZ from TigerJapanese.com for $890 everything was fine on it exept the TPS was cracked and i even went and used the hoses that were on it and the only one to give up on me so far is one of the heater hoses that goes around the back of the engine..besides the motor runs like a charm..im very satisfied.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Mine came out of a running, driving TT-R. If you can pull that off do it becasue that way you know everything is all good