260 MPH Speedometer

CrazySupra

Sep 28, 2010
North alabama
I was talking with a guy the other day that has a 1990 Supra Turbo with a 260 MPH speedometer and 16 lb boost guage from the factory. Has anyone every seen one or know any info about them?? I was thinking about driving up and trying to buy it if there was anything to them.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

It was a left hand drive car..

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
it was more than likely kph, not mph. as far as boost gauge idk...have you seen it or is this out of his mouth? and are u thinking about buying the car or the gauges?

edit: here...
00077_1.JPG

CrazySupra

Sep 28, 2010
North alabama
Heard it out of his mouth. I was thinking of buying the car. He said it was a special edition that was not suppose to be imported into US (but left hand drive car). He is suppose to send me some pictures. I will post them if i get them...

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
That dash has got to be for a JZ engine... because they weren't worried about oil pressure. lol.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
a jap car(rhd) that had a special edition set up for american roads(lhd) that wasnt supposed to come here? i call bs. he probably just swapped in a different cluster. ask him what engine. sounds like this guy just wants to rip someone off.
and the cluster has an idiot oil light. but yes no gauge. and if you look his "16psi" is just the 6 on this cluster but it says x10 on the boost gauge. so my guess is this guy just bought a jdm cluster and put it in and is saying it is some WICKED SUPER DUPER HELLA FLUSH SPECIAL car. fail

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
barkz;1633718 said:
a jap car(rhd) that had a special edition set up for american roads(lhd) that wasnt supposed to come here? i call bs. he probably just swapped in a different cluster. ask him what engine. sounds like this guy just wants to rip someone off.
and the cluster has an idiot oil light. but yes no gauge. and if you look his "16psi" is just the 6 on this cluster but it says x10 on the boost gauge. so my guess is this guy just bought a jdm cluster and put it in and is saying it is some WICKED SUPER DUPER HELLA FLUSH SPECIAL car. fail

+1 lol

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
The ony Supra that came factory with a boost guage higher than stock was on the TRD White Supra there was a magazine article on it where it mentioned a higher than stock boost guage.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Hes prolly bsing. Most newer high performance cars don't even come with 260mph speedos unless they can actually go that fast which is rare.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mkiiichip;1633713 said:
That dash has got to be for a JZ engine... because they weren't worried about oil pressure. lol.

Yup, JZA70 cluster. Has an oil dummy light, just a low level light below the tach or speedo, I forget which.

That said, this guy is pulling your leg man. Here in the states, a Supra is a Supra is a Supra. You had a very limited selection of options to choose from, but they were all nice cars. None had the gauges you speak of in the US, but they're not hard to find or swap, so... Oh, and the day I see a Supra go 260 MILES per hour is the day I forgive Toyota for the whole addiction I have to these cars. :biglaugh: