2009 Nissan GTR site (no repost I hope)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Adrian98 said:
24 hours is over
times change, people change, concepts change, are you afraid of change?

Nothing truly changes.

The definition of change is to become wholly different than oneself.:icon_razz

I'm happy that companies are putting out decent and competitive super cars.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I really like the interior/gauges, that's about it. Paddle shifters would be pretty sweet, for a little while anyway... Seriously, who do you know that has a car w/ paddle shifters?

The exterior is to 'concepty'.

I went from straight 6 to flat 4, do I miss it? Hell no. Like whomever said before, change is good.

A

ArthurRitus

foreverpsycotic said:
Nothing truly changes.

The definition of change is to become wholly different than oneself.:icon_razz

I'm happy that companies are putting out decent and competitive super cars.

hes not talking about the car... hes talking about adrian... lol

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
i like it. i think the M/T thing is lame, but i could get passed it.

EDIT* can't wait to see what it does around the top gear track. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'm sure they will address the MT issue, but if they do intend to keep the car AT only, I won't be a future owner.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I was going to get an Enzo, but it's not a 6 speed, Freaking ghey.

Seriously people... 'Hey, let's put a true manual transmission in next year's model so the people who will never own one will thinks it's ftw.' It'll sell and they wont give two shits what anyone on SM thinks about it.

Put an sti-ish wing/scoop on it and I'd all rock it. Auto or centrifugal clutch set-up.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
You know, the current and next generation of automatic transmissions are actually quicker shifting, faster and more efficient than a conventional manual transmission...technology has won over in the end. As far as it being wrong that it's not an Inline 6...it's not technically a SKYLINE GT-R...just GT-R. It's roots are in the Skyline moniker, but things change. The early Lancer Evolutions were built off the Mirage.

Also, just like the Evo X, Nissan knows what demographic they are building this car for and a miniscule number of current MkIII Supra drivers will be the first in line to buy a new GT-R, so they don't really care what you want. However, look in the parking lot of your local hospital and country club in a year and count how many of these things are being driven by doctors and lawyers and such. That's who's got the money for this thing and that is who Nissan is building it for.