2003 Accord wont start. Get codes?

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
My friend was cleaning her accord the other day with the engine off and the a/c on. After about 30 minutes, she tried to start it and it would barely crank. Windows/radio/lights etc still work but car wont turn over. Tried jumping it and that didn't work so battery problem is ruled out. So it can only be starter right? Or alternator?

Anyone know how to pull the check engine codes on a 2003 Honda Accord? Can you test w/ a paper clip like you can with the supras? :)

Need help kinda fast cause I'm going out to the car to check in a couple hours here.

Thanks!!

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Poodles said:
you can rent em from autozone

Nice, we're both poor college kids so buying them is out of the question I think. I guess I'll go check out this option. Thanks guys.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I work for honda and we powerwash 03 accords all the time, the trick to it mostly is letting the car run while u do it, spray on degreaser and power wash it.

either way, You pull the codes with an ODBII reader plugged in under the drivers side dash. Like they said autozone rents them out. What works when the car is in acc mode? (key turned twice, but not ignition)