2 X walbro in tank ?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You could always cut up another hanger, drill hanger #1 for 2x 6mm nutserts, drill hanger #2 so the holes line up with the nutserts in hanger #1 and bolt then back to back, sort your wiring and hoses, unscrew #2 from #1, disconnect hoses and wiring drop #1 into the hole in the tank, drop #2 in holding by the wires pull #1 and #2 up so only the hangers are out of the hole and bolt together, connect hoses and wires then lower back into the tank.

This is how I do the 2x Walbro 450's in my 2 gallon Surge tank. ;)

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
IJ.;1971054 said:
You could always cut up another hanger, drill hanger #1 for 2x 6mm nutserts, drill hanger #2 so the holes line up with the nutserts in hanger #1 and bolt then back to back, sort your wiring and hoses, unscrew #2 from #1, disconnect hoses and wiring drop #1 into the hole in the tank, drop #2 in holding by the wires pull #1 and #2 up so only the hangers are out of the hole and bolt together, connect hoses and wires then lower back into the tank.

This is how I do the 2x Walbro 450's in my 2 gallon Surge tank. ;)

Mind blown^^

I had look up nutserts (http://www.avdelusallc.com/products/nutsert.shtml) which need an installation tool.

FPhanger.jpg

I dont knkow if i got what your trying to describe IJ but this is what came to mind^^ I doubt that will fit the hole in the tank unless assembled inside
I dont have the funds to but a special tool but i could thru-bolt it.

EDIT:

though about it alittle longer

FPhanger2.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
You can use Nutserts without the special tool, just need a long nut with an 8mm bore a couple of washers and a grade 8 6mm bolt :)

Pic #1 would be how I'd do it, and yes you assemble it in the tank a bit like building a ship in a bottle, this is how I do mine, a bit fiddly but it's not like you do it each week.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
GrimJack;1971134 said:
Ian, have you done that in a stock tank? I'm not sure it would fit in the stock swirl pot...

My next question ^^ thanks Grim

also what is the math behind flow and pressure when doing a pump inline? is that just pressure and 2 in parrellel is just flow? the 400lh is already rated for 600 at crank so maybe a inline would do 750 at the crank at max pump capacity.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack;1971134 said:
Ian, have you done that in a stock tank? I'm not sure it would fit in the stock swirl pot...
Nope and it's been a long ass time since I've seen a stock tank so you could be right Dave, but the concept could be made to work with a little thought, the problem most people see is the assembly won't fit in through the hole, doing it my way you just assemble it once it's in, that's where the nutserts come in to play so it all bolts up in the right place ;)

In my current project car the pumps mount side by side.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
I found that (87supraguy) signature has this to say

--------------------------
Moderator- azsupracentral.com

Current status: 1jz (JZZ30), r154, stage 3 six puck ACT clutch, ACT PP, DM light weight Flywheel, aeromotive AFPR, AEM AFR guage and Wideband,

BEING TORN DOWN FOR UPGRADES!!!!

Proefi 128, 1JZ, R154, 1zz coils, 1200cc injectors, E85, dual 400lph walbros pumps, 2jz water pump, BC 272 cams, BC spring and retainers, Shimless buckets, Titan cam gears, Drewgo manifold, stage 3 six puck (sprung) ACT clutch and PP, DM light weight Flywheel, aeromotive AFPR, (real) HKS 50mm waste gate, AEM AFR Wideband, GT4294 1.01 a/r, SP QSV.... still collecting parts.

parts still needed if you have them at a reasonable price pm me!!!!

proefi related sensors and accesories
dual 400lph walbros pumps
BC spring and retainers
Titan cam gears

fuel lines (E85 compatible)
------------------------------
I sent him a PM to see how his setup maybe done.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I've read that the AEM 320LPH pumps are the same size as the Walbro 255s, because they share the same housing. I plan on getting 2 of those for my fuel setup.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
MNBmk3T;1971255 said:
I've read that the AEM 320LPH pumps are the same size as the Walbro 255s, because they share the same housing. I plan on getting 2 of those for my fuel setup.
I'd suggest the Aeromotive A340 stealth pump... it fits, has slightly better stats, and is seriously quiet.

ncv6coupe

Jul 24, 2011
ATL, GA
So I actually have my two walbro 450's sitting in the garage unopened. Car sitting on stands while I order more parts. When i took the car apart it had a full tank of fuel so I was planning on running it dry with the stocker then drop the tank for my dual pump setup. I may have to actually do a test mockup of this since I believed i could muscle it in there using the stock hanger and a tie strap like the old schoolers did. I'll try to do it this weekend and let you know if its possible.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
i know this an old thread but ill rather bump then begin a new one. Has anyone done 2 walbro 450 e85 intank with the stock hanger?

gervaj08

Feb 11, 2007
Maplewood, MN
slowma70;2087837 said:
i know this an old thread but ill rather bump then begin a new one. Has anyone done 2 walbro 450 e85 intank with the stock hanger?

Some said they have done it, but when request photo, I got nothing. Hopefully someone can tell us something.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
I've asked the same question. got the same answer. i'm just going to try something like a Kenny bell boost a pump for when i'm over 25 psi.

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
gsxr141;2088194 said:
I've asked the same question. got the same answer. i'm just going to try something like a Kenny bell boost a pump for when i'm over 25 psi.

I ran one of those for years without problems..