1UZ kaido style MKIII build

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
(Posted this on SupraForums and that was fun)

Alright so this thread won't officially start for a little while as I'm a broke college student, but I wanted to at least get a start to it.

I have a 1986.5 Toyota Supra that was originally automatic but was manual swapped(very poorly I might add) by a previous owner. My plans for the Supra is a 1UZ swap mated to the w58 transmission(using the kit at 1uzfeswapkit.com) and some major old school Japanese influences. It'll be my first swap so it probably won't go amazingly, but I'm determined to get it done. Its completely stock as it sits now, but I had a friend make me some 3d renders of my exterior plans for the MKIII, and it just made me that much more determined.

tumblr_n1w5vxhh871ro6nr6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1w5vxhh871ro6nr6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1w5vxhh871ro6nr6o2_1280.jpg

The takeyari pipes won't look like how they are rendered, they will look much more 'fitting'. There will also be a black and red ADVAN livery with holographic silver flake over it all.

I understand that most(99%) people on here won't dig this build, but this is for the 1% that do!

Attachments

• EzekielMK3.287-1.jpg
    EzekielMK3.287-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 55

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
are you going to put tractor flappers on this too?

p1994743_1.jpg

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Hmmm.......although not my style, If done right will look like a supra that you took your time and money to make your own (if so much applause) , if done wrong will look like a 16 year old Honda fanboy got ahold of it and ruined it.......

Also just FYI that much camber will most likely be undriveable in a supra if there is any rain at all :)

Good luck (and please don't hack it together)
In for hoping this gets done right :p don't leave me hanging

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Aside from the broken suspension and the ridiculously tall exhaust pipes, I love the rendering job.

Last edited:

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
jdmfreak;1994757 said:
Hmmm.......although not my style, If done right will look like a supra that you took your time and money to make your own (if so much applause) , if done wrong will look like a 16 year old Honda fanboy got ahold of it and ruined it.......

Also just FYI that much camber will most likely be undriveable in a supra if there is any rain at all :)

Good luck (and please don't hack it together)
In for hoping this gets done right :p don't leave me hanging

I've done hackjob builds before on crap cars, but this one is getting done right. The UZ is going in first, the suspension, then we'll see what happens. I hope it goes well!

Last edited:

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
supraguy@aol;1994764 said:
Aside from the broken suspension and the [SP]ridiculously tall exhaust pipes, I love the rendering job.
QFT.
Quoted for truth.
Or maybe QASCFT. Quoted and spell-corrected for truth. :)

Don't let me tell you how to build your car but when I see camber like that I become... lost. It's been explained that camber helps handling in some ways but when I see the extreme stuff it doesn't seem like it's any more purposeful than those mexican guys with the incredibly long shoes.

The pipes I'm more okay with, but I wish they were done ironically, lol.

ALL THE SAME... I hope you build something you like and have fun with it. Good luck!

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
supraguy@aol;1994794 said:
PS- That's the rear tail that I have on my car.
:)

It was a toss up between the kaminari and the bomex tails, but i REALLY like kaminari, so i went with it!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
miekedmr;1994795 said:
QFT.
Quoted for truth.
Or maybe QASCFT. Quoted and spell-corrected for truth. :)

Don't let me tell you how to build your car but when I see camber like that I become... lost. It's been explained that camber helps handling in some ways but when I see the extreme stuff it doesn't seem like it's any more purposeful than those mexican guys with the incredibly long shoes.

The pipes I'm more okay with, but I wish they were done ironically, lol.

ALL THE SAME... I hope you build something you like and have fun with it. Good luck!

Damn- I didn't even see my own typo- thanks for pointing that out- gonna edit to fix(I hate typo's).

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
supraguy@aol;1994764 said:
Aside from the broken suspension and the ridiculously tall exhaust pipes, I love the rendering job.

I've received an insane amount of camber comments, which I can understand to a point, but reality is it probably won't have that much camber. There is a beautiful GX71 Cresta built by a guy in Japan that has a 2.2G-GEU making 400hp to the crank with the same amount of camber in the rear as I'm looking at having, so I'm not at all worried about it.

p3.jpg

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
So after parting out most of my '94 325is, I've just ordered the Supra UZ swap mounts from 1uzfeswapkit for about $200 bucks!

mounts.jpg

Next is the full swap kit, then on to search for a sc400 parts car.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
MK3Zeke: The camber actually looks more reasonable on that Cresta photo than in your rendering so maybe the rendering is just a little deceiving.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Yeah the rendering looks like your tire wear is going to on the sidewalls of all four tires only haha, that reference picture looks more then reasonable especially with JIC control arms and all the goodies that make little camber adjustments like that still practical. but I do love the idea of an original JDM car, I've been saving up the money to buy an authentic hiro kit instead of going with the regular bomex /do-luck/ab-flug that's more readily available here but sadly the hiro japan site went down about the same time I had my finances ready so now I'm peicing it together with some slight changes but will still end up with the same result. did I mention my car was rhd as well haha

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
Beals;1995178 said:
Yeah the rendering looks like your tire wear is going to on the sidewalls of all four tires only haha, that reference picture looks more then reasonable especially with JIC control arms and all the goodies that make little camber adjustments like that still practical. but I do love the idea of an original JDM car, I've been saving up the money to buy an authentic hiro kit instead of going with the regular bomex /do-luck/ab-flug that's more readily available here but sadly the hiro japan site went down about the same time I had my finances ready so now I'm peicing it together with somce slight changes but will still end up with the same result. did I mention my car was rhd as well haha

I think I'm fine with people thinking it will have too much camber, that way they'll see it IRL and bite their tongue. And that's sick, IMO the three best ways for an MKIII to look is stock body, with a VIS kit(sometimes), and with a HIRO kit. Good luck!

atmperformance;1995182 said:
As someone who sells tires I support more camber.

LOL

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
So I've been looking at Slit Spoilers in a decent price range that I can import through yahoo japan to use for test-fitting and I came across this one that's for a (most likely 1st gen)Soarer

insense_rahaina-img600x450-12430882121n1wem77641-1.jpg

It's 5800 yen, like 55-56 usd, so I'm probably going to get it.

EDIT: talked to an importation company and they gave me a quote of 43,500 yen just to import a 60 dollar part, so either that will come later or i'll be looking at other importation companies to go through.

Last edited:

Mk3Zeke

Jan 6, 2013
Georgia
Looks like I'm selling my coilovers! So once I do, I'll get the swap kit needed, then it's on look for a good 1UZ OR SC400 parts car.

Oh and I got my friend to put the ADVAN livery on the Supra as well as change exhaust, and this is more the direction I'll be going at first.

davan.358-1.jpg

davan.357-1(fixed exhaust).jpg

davan.356-1.jpg

davan.355-1.jpg