1st thread.(for me)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IJ.;1532361 said:
It was a bad time and we lost so much content...... :(

Yes, which is why I felt like someone shot my dog, and then broke into my house and stole all my CD's.

'Twas a sad time indeed. All these new guys have no idea ;)

89nasupra;1532373 said:
So much content? everything you could possibly ever want to know about a 3rd gen Supra is here. What else could there have been?
Case in point. There was a TON of info that is gone forever. We've made up for it, but there's just some things that can't be duplicated.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
<nodding> yep a LOT of information is gone.... also a lot of the "Vibe" of SM changed from that time on.

Back then it was more a bunch of car heads getting together to shoot the shit, today it's much more orderly/professional and we have "rules".

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
I guess being a "noob" here i don't understand to much of this "vibe". everyone seems layed back and willing to help and or shoot the shit. the "rules" i find are in for a good for keeping the riff raff out. I do notice that there are alot of "young" people in here. but all in all i have talked to a lot of you on occasions and things were great. guess i would have had to been there to understand what is was as to what it is.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
The change came with our tremendous growth as a forum. It became less of a community, and that's really the way it has to be with so many members, lest we be overrun with B.S.. This thread makes me feel ancient at the ripe old age of 26. LOL!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
supraguy@aol;1531945 said:
So...does this go on record as the oldest thread resurrection in SM history?

Yes.

IJ.;1532024 said:
lewis15498;1531967 said:
This thread makes me feel like a noob.

But you are a N00b Jeff :D

Lewis, I have Supra T-Shirts that are older than you... :D

IJ.;1532361 said:
It was a bad time and we lost so much content...... :(

89nasupra;1532373 said:
So much content? everything you could possibly ever want to know about a 3rd gen Supra is here. What else could there have been?

You have no idea how much we lost. It was tremendous... Fucking phpBB and script kiddies. It's what motivated me to buy our first copy of vBulletin, it was the second time we were hacked on that old crap.

shaeff;1532486 said:
The change came with our tremendous growth as a forum. It became less of a community, and that's really the way it has to be with so many members, lest we be overrun with B.S..

I still think we've managed to keep a lot of that sense of community going compared to some other large forums.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
shaeff;1532486 said:
The change came with our tremendous growth as a forum. It became less of a community, and that's really the way it has to be with so many members, lest we be overrun with B.S.. This thread makes me feel ancient at the ripe old age of 26. LOL!
I have boots older than you Chris :D

Supracentral;1532494 said:
Yes.

You have no idea how much we lost. It was tremendous... Fucking phpBB and script kiddies. It's what motivated me to buy our first copy of vBulletin, it was the second time we were hacked on that old crap.

I still think we've managed to keep a lot of that sense of community going compared to some other large forums.

Agreed!

There were some hilarious topics/discussions back then and mostly everyone got along really well.

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
Ill try and contribute something this week when I get around to putting in my bushings, have to remember to take alot of pictures, im bad at that....

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around

I certainly agree with you there, I was just agreeing that the vibe changed a bit. SM is my home. :)
IJ.;1532496 said:
I have boobs older than you Chris :D

Can I touch 'em? :naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
lewis15498;1532743 said:
Thanks Ian, that makes me feel much more wanted.

LMAO Mike. Theresa doesn't take you clothes shopping often?
Don't feel bad Jeff but I don't "want" a 250Lb guy ;)

shaeff;1532832 said:
I certainly agree with you there, I was just agreeing that the vibe changed a bit. SM is my home. :)

Can I touch 'em? :naughty:
Maybe Jeff will let you Chris :p

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
shaeff;1532486 said:
You and me both! Relationships definitely were more closely knit but I remember when there were no more than 10 users on at one time, so we have grown leaps and bounds since then.

Pics? lol
I've got some old supramania.com tshirts from the original GB back 5+ years ago

Definitely the smartest move we could have made. To this day I'm a member on some other boards that are PHP and I shudder at the old familiar feeling that once was SM pre-hack :(

Absolutely, even compared to similar or smaller forums. This one is truly a community and one I'm definitely proud to be a part of.

IJ.;1532496 said:
I have boobs older than you Chris :D
Too much information, Ian.... :momaru:

shaeff;1532832 said:
Yep. I <3 this place!

(do I win for most quotes per post?) lol

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
I think it's very communal, Most of us know each other by first name and tend to talk to each other as if we were child hood friends. i feel that makes it more relaxed in the aspec of being more personal than a user name and almost automated responces. Hell alot of us are friends on other commuity i.e. facebook, myspace, XBL......