1jzgte header flange

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
Does anyone have a readily available header flange for the 1j that doesn't cost retarded abounts of money ($50+)? Needs to be mild steel. Would prefer 1/2" but 3/8" is fine.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Sure, I have them.

However, how do you expect to get a pair less then $50? Even when I bought 6 sets of flanges, I paid a little under $40 per set before material cost. That does not include the 30 min drive to drop off material and again to pick it up.

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
well at only 6 sets you are still paying a large setup fee. I didn't know of there was possibly someone having them laser cut in volume as you are looking at MUCH less than that for them in 3/8 with materials. Im not expecting you to give them away though. I understand you have to make money and it isnt like there are a million of these motors out getting headers built. What are you selling the flanges for?

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don't have a setup fee. That has been paid. I can get the flanges cut all day long. But you have to pay material, the cutting labor, and the labor for the hour of time to drive down there and back. By the time all of that is done, you are looking at $50-100 per pair.

If only you order a pair, that raises the price quite a bit. I am willing to keep 1 set here for stock, so that is 2 sets. But to get better pricing, 10+ sets need to be ordered.