1jzgte ECU Info

SIX_SEVEN_ONE

Feb 26, 2013
Guam USA
Hey everyone,

This is my first post so Hello to everyone.

I'm in the process of putting a 1jzgte into a 90 Hilux and need some help.
I got a great deal for a complete motor with auto trans and wireharness for $700 bux.

Anyways I need to get my hands on an ecu but not too sure which car this came out of.

Please assist. I need to know what car this came out of and maybe even a company or person I can get one from.
Also where does the clip on the last pic go to??

Thanks in advance.

p1920110_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The last plug looks like one of the igniter plugs, the other is a 4 pin, and your missing one of the ECU plugs, there should be 4, and the flying lead.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Im not sure that the engine came out of a supra, the jza70 plugs are smaller and there are 5 not 4, that engine looks like a chaser or some thing else, also the plugs that go into the body you just need a couple of wires and not the hole thing.

SIX_SEVEN_ONE

Feb 26, 2013
Guam USA
What ecu is the one I posted?? Looks like a match.. Are u considering the flying lead a plug?? That'll make it 5.

Which bring s me to my next question. What does the flying lead hook up to? Pretty sure I can find it but save me the headache.

Thanx

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Looks to me that you dont have a jza70 1jz, and the flying lead isnt included. the flying lead is for ABS, which you dont need.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
jza70PINS.gifYou have a JZA70 ECU, I don't know if the chaser had the 2 row, 4 row or both.
You are missing the 22 pin connecter and the flying lead. The flying lead plug goes to your TPS which you need and you most definately need the 22 pin plug. The flying lead is V on the diagram.
You won't need every single wire on the ECU e.g. if you do not have TEMS or anti-lock you can ignore those pins.

Last edited:

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
If you need that 22 pin connector, look around the yards at other toyota rigs. My buddy had the 4 row chaser ecu setup and needed that body harness side, and found that a Camry had the same setup. It may not be restricted to Toyota either. The earlier stuff, like the yellow plug 5m/7m vintage, actually shared the same plug as the first gen Eclipse.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
it came out of a jzx81 chaser. that missing plug is in fact a body plug. you can get that plug from an 89-92 toyota cressida or the 89-92 supra(maybe not the 91-92 tho)..... but i actually have that plug. i will check tomorrow.