1jz won't start

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
I swapped a 1jz into my 89 supra the motor came out my friends car it was running with no issues. I checked the timing and its perfect, coil packs are new, the ecu and igniter are good I tripled checked the connections.

the problem I have is the motor doesn't want to start. when I crank the motor I get spark and fuel but I get back fire and it doesn't turn on im lost and can use some opinions thanks

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
the motor was workin before so I doubt its the cams sensor... would the cam sensors cause the car to act up like that

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
I know for sure it'll still start if the o2 isn't hooked up. working on a 1j right now and we test started it without it hooked up. I too think you should check at least the "connection" to the cam sensors. A lot of times it isn't the component that is bad, but the wirings.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Any codes ?

Water temp sensor will make no start. Same with map as far as I know. Also does the car have adjustable cam gears. Make sure timing is right.

And as far as elctronics go they work great .. and than they don't work. That's why their is never a warrenty on electrical parts. Also make sure all your grounds are clean and free from paint covering the grouning loaction

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
525gte;1919869 said:
Any codes ?

Water temp sensor will make no start. Same with map as far as I know. Also does the car have adjustable cam gears. Make sure timing is right.

And as far as elctronics go they work great .. and than they don't work. That's why their is never a warrenty on electrical parts. Also make sure all your grounds are clean and free from paint covering the grouning loaction

That's what I was thinking about not the o2 sensor. Also remember it got pulled out of one car and put into another. Lots of things could happen in between. Wire get snagged, and things get knocked around.