1jz with jdm 440cc injectors and an sc61 turbo, will an Safc2 or NEO be ok for 400whp

SuicidnS13

Sep 30, 2009
Las Vegas
Hey guys I am currently swapping a 1jz into my 240sx. Will an SAFC or NEO tune be safe to run with jdm 440cc injectors and my sc61 on wastegate boost at 14psi. This setup usually dynos around 350whp. I will do the tuning on a dyno along with my AEM w/b to verify A/F ratios. My concern is will my stock ECU advance the timing too much with the SAFC correcting for the 440's?

johnd

Supramania Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Ont. CA.
It will depend on how lean you run your af's, adjusting the map signal to go leaner will advance timing, richer pulls timing. most guys run a 11.5 af at wot and stay just under fc without a problem.
Do some searching on here im sure you'll fine the info your looking for

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
You should be ok. I'd tune it rich (11.0 a/f) to help out, but usually with 440s the timing isn't to far advanced and runs fine. I've seen a few 550 setups that run into problems with being to advanced and pulling timing causing power power outputs.

SuicidnS13

Sep 30, 2009
Las Vegas
Will the MAP ECU 1 or 2 be a better piggy back for my situation. Will I have problems with boost cut with an sc61 at 14psi? Its rated by voltage correct and not psi (the map sensor). Sorry I am very new to the jz tuning game as I have been tuning MAF based nissan engines for quite some time now.

johnd

Supramania Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Ont. CA.
When i was running 14psi i couldn't go leaner than 11 af's, 11.5-8 af i hit fuel cut.

SuicidnS13

Sep 30, 2009
Las Vegas
johnd;1523546 said:
When i was running 14psi i couldn't go leaner than 11 af's, 11.5-8 af i hit fuel cut.

What did you do to get around your fuel cut? Switch to a standalone? The MAP ECU 2 is closely priced to the stinger EMS. Is the Stinger EMS that much better than the MAP ECU 2? I really cant afford to spend alot more than like 1500.00 including tunning. I have a good tuner in town who will dyno tune my car with either system for the same price he says. In that case which route would be better?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
SuicidnS13;1523930 said:
What did you do to get around your fuel cut? Switch to a standalone? The MAP ECU 2 is closely priced to the stinger EMS. Is the Stinger EMS that much better than the MAP ECU 2? I really cant afford to spend alot more than like 1500.00 including tunning. I have a good tuner in town who will dyno tune my car with either system for the same price he says. In that case which route would be better?

Stinger is a standalone unit and much better then any piggy back.

Sam

Jan 31, 2008
Saskatchewan
I have a similar setup. It's being built currently, but I'm hoping to hit the 400rwhp mark. I'll list the mods:
-440cc injectors
-Walbro 255lph
-stock fuel pump regulator
-BC 264 cams with BC spring and retainers
-SAFC II (may switch to e-manage ultimate if it will make a big difference, I also want to heighten my rev limiter to 8000)
-Blitz Access ECU (tuned for 370cc injectors, no speed cut, no fuel cut, still has the crappy 7200rpm limiter)
-Turbosmart manual boost controller
-Drifmotion 60-1 single turbo kit, .70AR
-Driftmotion hardpipe kit and "1JZ intercooler" kit. HKS SSQV III BOV
-Full 3" exhaust

Opinions about my setup and my goals would be cool. Also, what PSI would be the maximum to run safely on 440cc injectors? Just so I don't have anymore mishaps...

Last edited: