1JZ with ct26

black89targa

Banned - (I'm st2b!)
Jun 15, 2008
versailles
Poodles;1070281 said:
Honestly if I'm going to go through the trouble to do a swap, I gonna do one worth doing...

I see you read my thread about 1jz clips being hard to come by.

How much (relatively) would a 2jz swap cost?

Are you talking about 2jz-ge-t (Na-t on the GE motor), or are you talking about just the 2jz-gte swap?

I assume it would cost well over 5k to get the 2jz in the car running.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
2JGTE is a bit expensive, but not horribly so. The hardest part of it all is wiring.

The 7M is literally plug and play, nothing has to be messed with or modded, it drops right in. Complete 1J's are getting rare, and even when found, they're still used and abused. 2J's on the other hand can be found stateside easily, wiring is a huge chore, and you can got NA-T for pretty cheap, and even run off the 7M electronics if you want to.

If I'm going to spend that much cash to go 1J, I'd just dump that money into a 7M that will destroy it (since I already have all the parts sitting in front of me), or I'll go 2J as it's not that much harder, but the rewards are greater.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
NashMan;1070288 said:
7m or 2j 1j waste of time and money

Go drive a 1JZ supra. It's a whole different world.

You can't defeat the fact that the 7M is an Evolution of a Motor from 1960's and the JZ is a motor designed in the 80's. They're both yamaha designs and look like relics now.

The 2JZ is a german redesign by Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik GmbH (a firm in germany). This motor is also starting to look like a relic now compared to the UR series and other newer Yamaha designs.

If you put XJZ next to a 7M, its apparent that the JZ is just more beefy, and the M series doesn't hold a candle to the JZ; Strength, quality, and technology wise.

Think of it as taking a 350 with port efi and updates, and putting a LS1 next to it.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
My disclaimer is.

I'm assuming that all three motors are "fresh" and in factory form. Top to bottom.

I'll admit most 1JZ's are beat because of owners of mk3 supras and chasers like to beat on their cars day and night.

The 2JZ-GTE only came in the Supra and Aristo so it's usually in better shape. :)

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
In before the evitable lock.

It’s all down to personal preference as to which motor is ‘best’ as they all excel in different areas.

Stop ruining threads like these with childish comments.

Start proving your point through your actions (IE by Building one hell of a car with your chosen motor) and not through your words.

Talk is cheap, and we've heard it all before.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
NashMan;1070288 said:
7m or 2j 1j waste of time and money

NashMan, you need to lay off smokin' too much 'BC bud' dude!:biglaugh: The 1JZ is so much superior in it's smoothness and just all around driveability, it's no contest!:icon_razz My old 7M setup did 320whp, and 343tq, and my stock 1JZ would just eat it alive!:icon_surpEspecially out on the freeway! I'm really not seeing this so-called lack of torque the 1J is suppose to posess??? I'll bet my 1JZ is about 260-270rwhp, and would flat out lay the smackdown on my old 7M set-up!:boink:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
^Butt Dyno? Ignorance Dyno.

Take Joes or Moes 1JZ dyno sheets and put them side by side to yours poodles.

You'll be surprised which motor makes more torque, it may make it later but it's there. ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, you missed the point, he said his 1J with 50-60 LESS HP is FASTER than his 7M, I'm calling BS.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the 1J. In fact, if I lived in an area where I could have an actually TTR imported, I would. But if I'm going to put the effort in to swap motors, I'm going the full shebang and go 2J.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
AHH! Sorry Bud!

It's smoother, and more streetable that's for sure. But not faster! (well if both lock traction) ;)

I'll agree at this day and age 2JZ is a better option dollar for dollar. Unless you live in an area where the 1JZ is eazy to find.