1jz with 2jz waterpump

Intrnlstorm

One Jizzle
Aug 27, 2006
Schenectady, NY
Quick question for all those that know. I am replacing the 1JZ hydro unit with a waterpump from a 2jz. I bought the one from Driftmotion... http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-2jz-gte1jz-gtewaterpump.php

I was looking at the back part of the old pump and the back part of the new part and they look exactly the same. Is this right? I thought that they were different and that is why we had to buy the whole unit. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Joel

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Intrnlstorm;1637064 said:
Why do all of the posts say you need both parts of the waterpump?

Joel

hmm, i thought they were different too....

I could of gotten you that + the gasket & o-ring for the same price =/

sm_photo_missing.jpg

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Intrnlstorm;1637064 said:
Why do all of the posts say you need both parts of the waterpump?

Joel

Maybe so all of the seals get replaced during the change. IDK.

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Oct 28, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
im assuming u mean the hydro pump by old pump but yea i tried to put the 2j water pump front part on the 1jz housing and only 3 of the 7 or 8 (i dont remember) bolts lined up. very small angle change that u wont notice until u put them up to each other

Intrnlstorm

One Jizzle
Aug 27, 2006
Schenectady, NY
A70BoosTFienD;1638300 said:
im assuming u mean the hydro pump by old pump but yea i tried to put the 2j water pump front part on the 1jz housing and only 3 of the 7 or 8 (i dont remember) bolts lined up. very small angle change that u wont notice until u put them up to each other

I see. Yeah I didn't match them up physically, just by eye. thank you for the insight. I guess I just thought I could save some money and just get half, but it seems that you do need both halves.

Thanks everyone,

Joel