1jz valve seals leaking! Where to buy?

Travis89turbo

Sep 21, 2010
Utah
Hey guys. I had a seal go out in my front turbo and have a new 60-1 kit comin from driftmotion. When I got the old manifold off I seen one of my valve seals are leaking. I know how to replace them but am having trouble finding where to buy seals? I read that there is some US Toyota cars that use the same valve seals anyone kno what they are? I would really like to do this all this weekend so I'm hoping to find them at napa or a Toyota dealer. But my Toyota dealer doesn't really stock hardly anything useful. I have done a lot of searching and came up with 6 different p/n so I'm hoping someone can give me the correct p/n and the cars they also fit please!. Thanks in advance guys!

Travis89turbo

Sep 21, 2010
Utah
87M-GTE;1672119 said:
2JZ valve seals are the same as 1JZs

I just found this out. I went to napa and I tried buying 2j intake and 4afe exhaust and both felpro p/n are exactly the same for intake and exhaust for both motors. Thanks for your help guys

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Do they need to be pressed in? or a special tool to install and remove them?
I will be doing this myself in the next couple of weeks..

Thanks,
Sam

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
1st, I dont see any reason not to go with OEM when it comes to valve seals. I noticed you mentioned toyota may not stock them, well duh, your local dealer has maybe sold one set since the early 90's. Would you stock them? Order them they'll be there in a day or two.

2nd, There are special tools designed for removal, but there not needed. A simple set of pliers will do the job ( i have noticed honda seals are MUCH harder to remove). Just getting them to seat correctly is the trick. But there are no special tools for that (ample lube and a single press of the thumb works great for me) By the 24th one youll have it figured out, lol.

Travis89turbo

Sep 21, 2010
Utah
My dealer said 2-3 weeks for seals. They don't even have a oil filter for my car.

Toyota seals obviously had problems. This is a very common problem on jz series engine.
I'm goin with Vitton style seals which are a lot better seals the OEM. And are the same price.

Special valve stem pliers are under 30 bucks. And make the job a lot easier. Jz have a deep valve seals. Do not need to be pressed in.

Here is a good how to link...
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/valve_stem/index.html

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
I was gonna try to find a fitting to put air into the combustion chamber.. the nylon rope idea seems like a decent method though.
What have you guys done?

Sam